Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so you can see from my title i drive a Pro x2 700 with some goodies, and well i thought id be able to walk all over my buddys crossfire 700 he bought last year. Well it seems he has done some tweaking since last year, he will not tell me what he did to it all he says is that he got some PARTS lol. So we found a stretch of nice smooooooth ditch and we raced, He hooked up a little better than me then i caught up at about 80 mph then he walked away from me, i couldnt tell at the time how fast we were going so after the race we checked or GPS's, my top speed was 118 mph and the had his crossfire up to 126 mph. I never thought in my wildest dreams that thing would go that fast I guess i gotta go back to the drawing board for next year so i can beat his azz

·
Registered
13,095 Posts
FYI, I wouldn't believe that Crossfire would reach 126 MPH. Not one a bit as I won't buy the story...Sorry. I dunno

·
Registered
28 Posts
126mph with deep lugs and a 136 in track. i dont blame him for not letting you know about the work he did. hes the worlds best tuner.

·
Registered
13,095 Posts
World's best tuner ?. If he was one...He 'd have gone on this site and share all of the information on how he got the Crossfire at 126 MPH. Proof of Dyno sheets, Time @ MPH sheets and whatnot. Right now, It's all talk and I'm not buying this story.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Im thinkin the reason why he wont share with you guys cause he lives on a farm in the middle of nowhere in southern manitoba and he prolly doesnt even know what a computer is. lol

any how seeing as you guys dont believe me i will try to get some proof for ya. this guy builds engines for a living and if his sleds dont do 120 mph he doesnt keep them. I will garantee he wont say what he did to his sled but maybe i can get him to take a video camera around his neck pointing at the speedo, hes done it before at over 130.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Let's see radar or GPS, since you said that was a GPS reading, then something must have happened. Sometimes my Garmin will get a false reading (like 125 mph) in the max speed column, for no apparent reason.....

Does he have a big bore? or N20? If he won't show you what's under the hood, there must be something REAL good!

Otherwise........ bsflag

1 - 11 of 11 Posts