Votes: 5 50.0%
  • F8 NON-HO

Votes: 2 20.0%
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now before I get people complaining and telling me to just use the search function, I have and the more I research the more I go back and forth between the two which just makes it harder to pick one or the other.

I currently have a sabercat which i just plain dont like and well the engine blew at the end of this season so after I fix and sell it i'll be upgrading. I've sat on the 05 style firecat seat which I liked more than my sled, and I sat on a twinspar which I really liked but I haven't been able to sit on a crossfire to see if I would like it. Since i'm young(15, turn 16 in june) and ride in the tug hill mostly, I ride pretty hard. Thus i've been leaning towards the crossfire because its lighter but then I see people bashing the crossfire more or less and I look more towards the twin spar, then the same with the twin spar. I ride mostly on trail, but will bang through ditches to the trails with a few fields on the way(I seriously mean ditch bang, I had my suspension rebuilt twice this last season and should rebuild it again if I were keeping my sled). I mostly want to know if the weight difference between the two was really that big a deal and if the comfort in ride was that big a difference? Also would the twinspar be okay through the ditches or would it just sink like a rock? Which would you recommend?

P.S. I would be looking at either a crossfire 700/800 or f8 more than likely sno pro models and the non-HO motor. Also i'm still a kid yes, but have been riding for quite some time and my 600 was getting pretty boring and i'd say i'm big enough to handle a bigger sized sled, i'm 5'9'' 240 pounds and have a full faced beard. Then to the people who will say i'm not mature enough to have a 700/800, I am placed 10th in my sophomore class in high school and have a part time job so I think I will be fine.

·
Super Moderator
8,546 Posts
I had to sell my crossfire 700 because i was going to break it in 1/2 if i kept riding it the way i was. The xf7 is a reliable sled but the suspension blows in stock form if you ride it hard. The F will have a better suspension but its a heavy sled. I you are going to get a xf get an 09 as they went to the newer chassis that shortened the wheel base on the sled so it would turn better. Only look at the sno pro models and plan on doing a shock re valve.

·
Premium Member
1,711 Posts
Any of those sleds would work. Like Greg said the F series has a great suspension. Look for the sno-pro model. The F is heavier but the bigger fellas can deal with the added weight of the F-series over the crossfire. Also keep the sno-pro 500 on your radar, it may not have the top speed but it going from what you put for your riding style it fits the style perfectly.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
okay so basically either would match my riding fine is what i'm picking up from this. i was looking at the 500 sno pro chassis, but around here they're the most difficult to find for sale out of these discussed and it's also more expensive usually. so when the time comes i'll just be open to either the xf or f, think i'm lean towards the f again though since i'd rather not have to worry about the xf breaking and the better suspension on the f is enticing. thanks guys.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I went from an 04 F5 to a 09 Crossefire 800R and it was the best decision i ever made. Ride mostly trail as you do with a little messing around. Buying the 800 though - you better hang on. Cat happyRockerdude

1 - 5 of 5 Posts