Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

I've got it narrowed down (at least I think so) to a 2011 HCR and 2011 CrossFire Sno Pro. I've been on both sleds and they are both awesome. Can you help me out as to what you think you would be better for me?

I live in North Dakota and mostly go up to the Bottineau area and ride in the Turtle Mountains (glorified hills). Plenty of powder usually, but a 141 would def be big enough. The only thing is that I want go out west to the mountains more. Will a crossfire be worth anything out there?

I'm looking at the HCR b/c of the harder track which it seems would hold up better on the trails and running over tree stumps that are buried just enough. Also, the wider front than the M would help on the trails too right?

The difference in price is just a couple hundred so that's not a huge thing. Lots of guys use mountain sleds up there that never go out west, but I'm not sure if its worth it. I just don't want to be the one out west everyone has to help dig out. If you guys would give your thoughts that would be huge!

Thanks!

·
Registered
144 Posts
think you'd be more happy with the Crossfire! Put a 2.25" power claw on it and you'll be even happier! you can adjust the ski stance a couple inches if it's really that big of a deal too.

·
Premium Member
2,954 Posts
I've ridden 141's out here for 4 years now... they do great as long as you're talking about the PC track.

If you're comparing a HCR and a xfire with a 1.25 or something like that... no comparison whatsoever.

It's all about the track, and the PC does very well in a 141.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I love my crossfire for ND riding. Does great around here and simple changes and you'll do fine in the mountains. The reason I went with the crossfire was the rails are more sturdy for ditch banging Ive seen people bend M skids on not enough snow conditions. They were also being a little stupid but hey what are toys for. I would say you would be happy with either one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts