Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What have you guys done for innovative storage solutions on your Crossfires?

I know tunnel bags, and windshield bags are common, but I am curious about some underhood storage ideas.

Like for a quart or so of oil, gloves, goggles, or anything that should stay slightly warmer. With a aftermarket can, there is a little extra space there.

Also any good ideas for mounting a small shovel?

Share any ideas or products that you use or know of that work well, or especially any homemade ideas that have proven useful.

I don't like carrying a lot of crap around, but for an occasional long trail ride, or deep powder run, having some secure safe storage for necessities is nice.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have the large trunk bag. I use Firecat saddle bags on long tours only. Had to slit irrigation pipe and cover the rear 18" of serrated floor board edges. Hat bag on the handle bars. Oil caddy on the right footwell under the tool pouch. I run a Garmin on the left dash, so no windshield bag for me. I also run a power cell 12v battery source, mounted to an aluminum angle piece attached to the steering post plate under the hood, above the pipe. Map pouch lays on top of the hat bag. I believe the mountain seats have a spot under the seat for a shovel.

·
Super Moderator
8,442 Posts
What have you guys done for innovative storage solutions on your Crossfires?

I know tunnel bags, and windshield bags are common, but I am curious about some underhood storage ideas.

Like for a quart or so of oil, gloves, goggles, or anything that should stay slightly warmer. With a aftermarket can, there is a little extra space there.

Also any good ideas for mounting a small shovel?

Share any ideas or products that you use or know of that work well, or especially any homemade ideas that have proven useful.

I don't like carrying a lot of crap around, but for an occasional long trail ride, or deep powder run, having some secure safe storage for necessities is nice.

If you pop the seat off there is a spot to mount a shovel under it

·
Registered
5,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you pop the seat off there is a spot to mount a shovel under it
I thought that was the idea. I got an HMK shovel, and it didn't seem to fit too well. Plus I'm putting an AC Mtn seat on one, and a WRP seat on the other. I guess it's just a matter of strapping one down, or figuring some holders out to hold it in place. I'll have to look at it some more.

·
Registered
5,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the large trunk bag. I use Firecat saddle bags on long tours only. Had to slit irrigation pipe and cover the rear 18" of serrated floor board edges. Hat bag on the handle bars. Oil caddy on the right footwell under the tool pouch. I run a Garmin on the left dash, so no windshield bag for me. I also run a power cell 12v battery source, mounted to an aluminum angle piece attached to the steering post plate under the hood, above the pipe. Map pouch lays on top of the hat bag. I believe the mountain seats have a spot under the seat for a shovel.
What did you use for the oil caddy?

·
Super Moderator
8,442 Posts
I thought that was the idea. I got an HMK shovel, and it didn't seem to fit too well. Plus I'm putting an AC Mtn seat on one, and a WRP seat on the other. I guess it's just a matter of strapping one down, or figuring some holders out to hold it in place. I'll have to look at it some more.

cat use to make a shovel for the seat. Probably dont any more. Good call going with the new mountain seat. Those look nicer. I would make some holders and mount the shovel under the clucthes if there is enough clearence.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts