Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I ride a 2006 xfire 7 non-sp with fox z-pro suspenders all around and have had the sled a season and a half. Love this machine, but must say that this thing push's sumpthin fierce in most all trail conditions, which is what type of riding it see's probably 80+% of the time. I have played with suspension calib. To no avail, and am currently running stock skis, with duelers and no studs. A buddy used to have an identical sled to mine and ran kimpex arrow's and he said difference was night and day, but another friend has had multiple sets of slydogs with bergstrom triplepoints and is fanatical about this combination telling me this is the way.
Please weigh in here as i am ready to invest some serious coin and do not want to do so in vain.

Thanks joshua

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
Slydogs 7" powderhounds are awesome, they turn great and float amazingly. Also you can completely bend the ski in half and alls you have to do is soak the ski in hot water and it returns to it's original shape

Reactions: xfirehammy

·
Registered
121 Posts
had simmons on arm felt like they were going to fall off at the end of the ride
Then went to the curve xs and love them great in all conditions with only stock cat carbides

·
Registered
123 Posts
Slydogs 7" powderhounds are awesome, they turn great and float amazingly. Also you can completely bend the ski in half and alls you have to do is soak the ski in hot water and it returns to it's original shape
do the 7" do good on trails too? i know you said turn good but do they do good all around trail perf?

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
Yes they're great on trails. If you go to the Slydogs website the Powderhouds are the exact same as their race skis only wider. Please the look sweeeeet IMO, here's the website, it can show and tell better than I can Technology – Slydog Skis

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
I'd say orange loops just to tie it all together. Get the 6" shaper bars too, very worth it

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
Good luck, post pics when you get them on!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.