Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the season is winding down I am about to stuff the sled back in the shed for the winter and was going to do a little maintenance on the sled.

Every once in awhile when I coe up to a stop sign and go to take off - there is a rattle or slight grind sounding like it comes from the clutch area. Not sure if it onyl does it when I catch the motor slowing down just right or what and it does not happen very often but every once in awhile which makes me think I am catching it at certain rpms as it slows down. Mostly only happens when I am stopped completely and go to start again.

Any ideas what that might be? Does not affect the performance at all but just thinking of things to brush up on as I put it away.

YI - 09 800R Crossfire. Everyone that i read from before I bought this sled told me it was a rocket. It has not dissapointed. Dusted a 2012 Polaris 800 switchback and was right with the new 800 Doo that stock has more HP. Very impressive sled. Cat happy

·
Super Moderator
8,545 Posts
As the season is winding down I am about to stuff the sled back in the shed for the winter and was going to do a little maintenance on the sled.

Every once in awhile when I coe up to a stop sign and go to take off - there is a rattle or slight grind sounding like it comes from the clutch area. Not sure if it onyl does it when I catch the motor slowing down just right or what and it does not happen very often but every once in awhile which makes me think I am catching it at certain rpms as it slows down. Mostly only happens when I am stopped completely and go to start again.

Any ideas what that might be? Does not affect the performance at all but just thinking of things to brush up on as I put it away.

YI - 09 800R Crossfire. Everyone that i read from before I bought this sled told me it was a rocket. It has not dissapointed. Dusted a 2012 Polaris 800 switchback and was right with the new 800 Doo that stock has more HP. Very impressive sled. Cat happy
pull your dd drive out and change the oil. Inspect the bearings in the drive.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.