Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this weekend me and my brother rolled up our sleeves and got to work, i recently got a full rear setup of a 2005 M sled and was told that this would fit under the crossfire without mods (wrong), we found out that the rear part of the skid frame is at least 2 cm wider on the M sled, so to make this all fit i had to rearrange the skids, use the rails of the M, front arm assembly from the M and the rear arm assembly from the crossfire to make this all fit in the tunnel. and we found out later that the M has drop down brackets below the tunnel, so the TSL does not move inside the tunnel like on the xfire but below it...and then onto the question, since this is the same tunnel for the most part, could i drill out the rivets that hold the rear arm brackets in place and put the brackets of the M in the same place? this setup works as it is but there would be a lot more clearance if i would drop the skid in the rear.

·
Registered
205 Posts
how do those drivers fit in your xf?
i assume you have an 06. as i have heard the 07s had soem complications using 3 pitch

so you basicly have a m 141 skid with the xf rear arm. and 3 pitch drivers.

you want to add teh drop bracket?

also there might be some alternate drop brackets available for that . maybe sledjunkys /shrug

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
these drivers fit without any problems, and yes the rear setup (skid, track, drivers) is just the M setup, the crossfire and the 141" M sleds have the same tunnel, the only difference are these rear brackets, that's why i had to use the rear arm off the crossfire to make it fit into the tunnel. the sled sits a bit lower with this setup, the skid is setup that way on the M and that's why i was thinking about the drop down brackets, to make it sit a bit higher.

·
Registered
205 Posts
i and outhers have been wondering the same thing , i have seen one post of a guy had a green 06 xf sp modded to 141

and have heard of a guy going full out to 154 or whatever, changed tunnel and i think that was 06 as well.

but also heard of some issues with the drivers conversion on the 07.

conferming you have an 06 xf that you put those drivers in?

the thing that gets met with that 141 mskid swap is the Ms got alot less suspension travel by spec , like 11 inchs compared to the xf 17 or whatver.
and ya it sounds like you would want the brackets that the M uses. but look at sledjunkies or i think there is acouple more to.
i want to do something about the track, but like many outhers are not sure on the best option ,, intince 1.5 136, ripsaw 1.5, camochallenger 2x136,2x144,challenger extreeme 2.5x144 or challanger extreeme 2.25x141
i would like to see how folks are fealling about thier 144 extentions after they get some miles on them though and see how this 141 works for you

thanks for leading the way and posting your experiences

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yes, this is a '06 xfire snopro that i put these drivers in, no clearance issues and no binding anywhere, and these are 8 tooth 3" pitch extrovert drivers

·
Registered
30 Posts
I put a 1.5 Ripsaw under mine and it climbs incredibly well. It takes a dedicated mountain sled to make a Crossfire with 1.25 look bad, let alone a 1.5 Ripsaw. I absolutely love it!

·
Registered
261 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (icecatnorth @ Mar 19 2007, 06:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
this weekend me and my brother rolled up our sleeves and got to work, i recently got a full rear setup of a 2005 M sled and was told that this would fit under the crossfire without mods (wrong), we found out that the rear part of the skid frame is at least 2 cm wider on the M sled, so to make this all fit i had to rearrange the skids, use the rails of the M, front arm assembly from the M and the rear arm assembly from the crossfire to make this all fit in the tunnel. and we found out later that the M has drop down brackets below the tunnel, so the TSL does not move inside the tunnel like on the xfire but below it...and then onto the question, since this is the same tunnel for the most part, could i drill out the rivets that hold the rear arm brackets in place and put the brackets of the M in the same place? this setup works as it is but there would be a lot more clearance if i would drop the skid in the rear.[/b]
The dro brackets from an M sled will fit the tunnel and give you more clearance. There are problems with the M sleds rear suspension causing the track to tension too much during travel. you will want to look into the Holts brackets that fix this issue.

http://www.holzracingproducts.com/oscommer...products_id=339

All in all you may have been better off just going with a set of rail extensions and the 144" track for the stock crossfire rear skid.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.