Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there forum, new user here. Thanks for the add. So here goes the problem, ill try an explain it as best I can but this one is somewhat difficult to describe. I have an 09 AC Crossfire 800R with the 128" track, last year I had both the primary, and secondary clutches overhauled by a dealer to fix the problem that it still has. Also replaced the track which didn't have any effect although I didn't think it was going to affect my issue anyway. So...the problem is this: im cooking along on my sled down the trail at really any speed, when I switch over from hardpacked snow to deeper snow (whether powder or wet snow it doesn't matter) it feels as though the primary clutch just disengages and freespools on the belt, my forward momentum slows down terribly to the point when im not ready for this to happen that my chest hits the handlebars. My engine revs up to a ridiculous RPM like 11k if I don't immediately get off the throttle. Once the sled slows down my belt engagement comes back and I can keep the sled going again. Additionally I have had my belt jam up in the secondary on more than one occasion, im not sure if that problem is related to the first one, but I am sure that it is. Ive searched all over the net to try an find an issue that someones had similar to mine but to no avail. Any help would be immensely appreciated.

·
Registered
11,053 Posts
And is the belt staying dry when hitting the deeper snow?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You know now that you mention it I think that my belly pan is broken directly below the secondary clutch. I definitely have the correct belt but it never even occurred to me that I could be getting snow through that break on the belt. Thank you!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts