Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just looking around to see what others are getting for gas mileage with 06 crossfire 700 sno pro's. I ride pritty aggresive but wouldn't think it should be as bad as Im getting. I am getting around 5 or 6 if I'm lucky. Just looking to see if anyone else is having this issue as well or if maybe I need to look into doing a little work on mine. Oh and yes I know there are lots of threads out there about gas mileage but non really seemed to match what im looking for.

·
Registered
5,247 Posts
I think the rule of thumb is :: if you don't check your gas mileage, you'll have one less thing to worry about.

It's probably not out of range for aggressive riding.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hahahaha ya that is a good rule of thumb. The only reason I was looking into it was because it just seemed that my tank was empty real quick. But I think that has something to do with gas gauges not being that acurate as well. Because if it says I used a half a tank and I put 3 gal.in the math doesn't really add up there.

·
Premium Member
2,954 Posts
The only effective gauge on these sleds is opening the cap & looking in ;)

btw, I get between 3 & 5 from my sleds when I've checked... after that, I didn't check anymore :D

60 miles on a crossfire tank, and sputtering is about the max I get, normal is more like 45 with me getting really concerned at 35-40.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well that is about what mine is looking like as well. I think I am sitting at 40 miles now and still have a little over E. I guess I just figured it would be getting more mileage out of a tank. But if that is as good as it gets I guess I will just have to go get myself a gas can.

·
Premium Member
2,954 Posts
You can read about guys installing a fuel regulator and/or reducer to improve MPG. My 06 will get about 10 riding trails but riding hard and in powder in around 5.
Better get egt's if you're going to cut your fuel. Decreasing fuel on a 2 stroke is asking for issues if you're not watching temps.

Sent from my A200 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
5,247 Posts
The only effective gauge on these sleds is opening the cap & looking in ;)

btw, I get between 3 & 5 from my sleds when I've checked... after that, I didn't check anymore :D

60 miles on a crossfire tank, and sputtering is about the max I get, normal is more like 45 with me getting really concerned at 35-40.
When my gauge quit working, I got in the habit of just sticking my bare hand down to feel how much gas was in there. Then I realized I probably wasn't doing the inside of my gloves any favors. btw...if the gauge hasn't been replaced already, there is a likelihood that the float mechanism will fall off the dial head and obviously quit working. Happens to a lot of them.

Then my speedo quit working, which took me about a year to realize. I never look at it. Anyhow....fuel mileage is an irrelevant unknown for me.

Fun isn't measured in gallons or miles.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well that is good to know that the sled just doesn't get good mileage. I didn't really expect it to just was curious if anyone else's was that low. I will just have to get used to checking it on a regular basis. My speedo also doesn't work but that is going to be a summer time project since I am changing out my track anyways.

·
Registered
247 Posts
This weekend my dad and I were riding flat groomed trails at about 60 mph. Some was at 35mph because parts were rough. I ended up with 95 miles and still had gas in the tank. I was pretty easy with the throttle though. My sled has a bikeman pipe and y pipe and fuel reducer with the largest jet in it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't really ride trails unless I have to but that is good to know that if I hit trails I can get that much out of it. I enjoy playing in powder more than riding around on trails.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts