Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This weekend I will surpass 10,000 miles on my 06 CF7. For 2 years I have been going back and forth the new style XF and the old style CF. What is the deal with the new XF blowing belts? Are these machines set up wrong? Is it operator error in not keeping the belt deflection right? Is there a fatal flaw in design? Any good success stories to support buying a new XF?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I thought I would see a dozen positive responses about how great the new XF was over the old school Crossfires. I thought this would be an excellent topic thousands of current Crossfire owners would be interested. I guess if I want a response, I have to ask questions about my sleds squeaks and rattles. Or maybe what color skid plate to buy?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a 2013 XF Crosstour 1100 na that so far has been the most comfortable sled I ever owned.I've had 2 minor problems,the first was when I took it in for a recall on suspension height they discovered the cheap skid plate was dented and a rock had loosened the chain case cover and lost most of the oil.the dealer fixed it no charge,so I put a heavy duty skid plate on it.2nd the reverse was working first thing in the morning when I pulled it off the trailerbut later in the afternoon it had an ECU-25 code and the reverse wasn't working,on my way home I stopped at the dealer and they took it right in and fixed it on warranty.When it was built Cat put too much sticky glue on the magnet that makes the reverse motor go into reverse,about 2 mm thick it couldn't sense when to make the switch.But otherwise it's been a great sled for me.Cat happy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts