Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a crossfire 700 sp, and i need some tips/advice, i have v-force reeds, mbrp can, and y-pipe. What are some other cheap mods i can do to make this sled better? timing key? clutch kit? etc. I guess what i am asking is what is good and what to stay away from thanks! Also when installing the shift assist do i have to get clutch aligned when finished? Thanks

·
Registered
287 Posts
Before doing mods, do some basic things that all 700's needed. First, if it is not a snowpro, add arctic cat tunnel re-enforcement kit to prevent the tunnel bending that some had due to the front shock in the rear skid bottoming out over rough mogals. If it is an early build (front reflector is above the suspension as compared to behind on the side panel on regular builds, and a smaller rear cooler than normal builds). Make sure to add ice scratchers for low snow conditions. They help lube the hyfax and keep the cooler at the back covered in snow.

Ride hard, ride safe!

Attachments

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man, it is a snow pro and i have already added tunnel supports, what are some other performance mods? Thanks

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Best trail safe mods to start with on that machine.

Speedwerx single pipe + 4-5 hp saves 4-5 lbs. no fuel controller needed. $ 399.00 comes ceramic coated.

Speedwerx clutch kit with 10.4 secondary upgrade. $ 130.00 for clutch kit comes with our H5 alloy primary spring and machined weights. $ 290.00 for the 10.4 upgrade comes with new larger secondary clutch sheaves, LH belt deflection adjuster and cat 046 belt. \

Speedwerx high flow intake $ 77.95 adds 2-3 hp

Speedwerx 2.5 degree timing key $ 21.00 adds 1-2 hp.

Note the can and or reeds may cause your sled to have a bog or hesitation @ about 4500-5000 rpm. This will not hurt the motor but it can be very annoying while riding.

If you have anymore ?'s please let us know. [email protected] or 651-982-6020

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks speedwerx, can i get this puller and compressor from your website? Also w/ this timing key i have to run higher octane fuel right??? Thanks

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Speedwerx, i have a billion questions floating around in my head, I have heard that using a light weight track shaft and ten tooth drivers really wake up this sleds is this a mod i should do? Also I noticed my motor mount by my can is starting to crack, i have heard of a lot of guys running the sno pro 440 mount should i use that mount or stock? Also do you sell a complete temp guage kit for this sled?? Thanks

·
Registered
50 Posts
Add an injector perfector or homemade fuel pressure reducer. I put a 290 main jet inline before the fuel rail and it woke the motor up. No more sluggish response. Cheap power gain.

Warning: I do not have any other mods that require attention to fuel mixture. If you pipe, timing key, whatever, you may need the richer fuel mixture.

In Regards to Shift Assist Question----Mark your secondary with a marker line across the faces that will seperate before you disassemble. Then re-assemble the clutch with the lines matched up. I didn't see any places where the clutch was drilled out to balance it on mine, but it normally is recommended that you re-assemble back to the way it was.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kysuzuki8 @ Nov 18 2009, 04:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Thanks speedwerx, can i get this puller and compressor from your website? Also w/ this timing key i have to run higher octane fuel right??? Thanks[/b]
What puller ( flywheel ? YEs we offer one. ) What compressor ?

We suggest premium 91 + octane.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Did you ride this sled last year? Or is it new to you? If you rode it last year and think the motor is too rich, I would add the kit. Put the 300 jet in to start on the richest level and work leaner if you want/can. You should ride it without the kit, stop and install the parts, then run it again. You will hear & feel it work instantly.

I don't have the hi-flow intake (yet) and I believe I have a 290 jet installed. I could go leaner still, but I want to dial in my oil pump more before I screw with the fuel.

Good luck. Enjoy it.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have road it the past 2 years, and yes it does run rich, alot of guys on hcs are saying not to run it the richer the better, motor will run longer, etc. and some guys are saying run it, i guess if i put the 300 jet in and run it i can't hurt n e thing, also should i turn down my oil pump? if so how do i know where it is perfect?? Thanks alot

·
Registered
50 Posts
Search the crossfire section for "oil pump adjustment" and you should find a bunch of threads on how to determine what ratio you are running and how to adjust the pump to decrease the oil consumption.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts