Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELP...

UNDISCIDED ABOUT WHAT I SHOULD BUY... F7 OR CROSS 7 COULD SOMEONE GIVE ME PROS AND CONS OF THE CROSSFIRE.. PLEASE.. AND RIDING STYLE ETC.. THANKS

ANT

·
Registered
212 Posts
The only place I see a F-7 being a better machine is if you like to lake race. IMOP the Crossfire is just a all around better machine, for aggresive on & off trail. You won't get the top end about 10 MPH slower. Just by sitting on them you should like the Crossfire better. Plus the Crossfire is easier to work on with the side panels that come off. If your talking 06 model year. Everyone that rides my sled want's one. I just wish it had reverse, about once a day when I'm riding it.

·
Super Moderator
9,292 Posts
Between those two it would be the cf. The decision gets tighter when talking about the 07 f sleds. They ride "real" nice.

The cf is awsome with the hookup and blippin off the trail sometimes. The suspension needs some tweaking on the standard. The front of the skidframe seems a little soft for the hard riding. I'm light and still bottoming out. We ride pretty hard and fast, but the cf holds on with 07 f sleds through the tight stuff.

Some tweaking on the suspension and you'll be the happy camper with the trail rideble holeshot sled.

The cf sleds are a different feel from the firecat7, you are more forward.

·
Registered
13,095 Posts
Good Luck with your decision here as I'm in the same exact boat as you are in. Looking into a '06 Crossfire Sno-Pro 600 or 700 myself too after owning F7 EFI Sno-Pro the last 3.5 years. Time for me to slow down and find something that is smooth riding, stable and sturdy on the trails. :D

·
Registered
96 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (favoritos @ Feb 27 2007, 11:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Between those two it would be the cf. The decision gets tighter when talking about the 07 f sleds. They ride "real" nice.

The cf is awsome with the hookup and blippin off the trail sometimes. The suspension needs some tweaking on the standard. The front of the skidframe seems a little soft for the hard riding. I'm light and still bottoming out. We ride pretty hard and fast, but the cf holds on with 07 f sleds through the tight stuff.

Some tweaking on the suspension and you'll be the happy camper with the trail rideble holeshot sled.

The cf sleds are a different feel from the firecat7, you are more forward.[/b]
What tweaking have you done to your suspension?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts