Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok today i went to the dealer again, i said i aint going to buy a 06 anymore unless realy cheap, I was really impressed with the room AC made on the 500 this year, the exhuast pipe comes out the front, bigger and better hadle bars, lot more user friendly in the engine, alot more room by steering shaft and where normaly a batter would go its all emty, im just trying to figure out what the velcrow strap is for in that area. I like how you can put 4 spark plugs in and a spare belt all together under the hood. I noticed the skies are differnt. I also for got about the revers, I was amazed way to go AC. AC out did themselves agian. I know most of you are saying a 500, well thats all i need, i top out at about 80 mph on the trails and thats about it, and i dont do that often more like 70 mph. I am so happy, bad thing is it that is only came out in black but i got jordan and my dealer to make it look killer. oh yeah MERRY LATE CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR !!

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
A 500 is all anyone NEEDS. The good thing about the big engines is they run so easy going down the trail. Instead of screaming at you at 50mph they just ease along.

I had just as much fun on my old 88 cougar and 97 ZL440 as I do on my F7 and Cross 7. It is fun to yank the trigger every so often though and feel the RUSH of accelleration..

I with mine had reverse :(

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah my dad was sold on it today comes with everything except for electric-start, but now that i am old enought ot pull it not a big issue, but one thing is I dunno how mirrors would look, i dont think i could live without them. I was thinking about winshield mounted ones, i was wounder if they would work if i got a colored winshield just a tade smaller. would this work ??

does anybody know what windshield for the 07 crossfire is early buid or late build, I dunno which is which

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Most early builds came with a clear windshield. Most late builds were black. Only early build engine size was 700cc...no 500.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cmscat50 @ Dec 27 2006, 08:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Most early builds came with a clear windshield. Most late builds were black. Only early build engine size was 700cc...no 500.[/b]
thank you, this 500 has a clear shield and have differnt skies than all the other ones that im a where of

·
Registered
463 Posts
Mirrors may be an issue....I intended to add the generic windshield mounted mirors, but the CF windshield flares out on the side(unlike the Sabercat), meaning the mirror would not be useful to the rider. I'm now looking for an alternative mirrror...

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I dunno if you know this or not, but the windshiled monted mirrors actaully move around like a car mirror and such, just found that out at the end of last season

·
Registered
15 Posts
Look for the mirror with strap you put on your left wrist, a buddy has it and it works great! I will be looking for one myself.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mngreen @ Dec 27 2006, 03:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Look for the mirror with strap you put on your left wrist, a buddy has it and it works great! I will be looking for one myself.[/b]
its in the ac book called hand mirror and part # is 4992-810

·
Registered
942 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ACBOY09 @ Dec 27 2006, 06:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mngreen @ Dec 27 2006, 03:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Look for the mirror with strap you put on your left wrist, a buddy has it and it works great! I will be looking for one myself.[/b]
its in the ac book called hand mirror and part # is 4992-810
[/b][/quote]

HPE sells them as well... usually 1/2 the price.

LOL

1 - 13 of 13 Posts