Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Selling an older sled and am looking at a Cross Fire 5 for my 16 year old Daughter.
Is this a good choice?
Is it fuel injected or carbed?
What kinda speed for @ 80 hp?
What year did they put Rev on them?
Weight?
Gas mpg?

Is this something my daughter can handle/throw around, have fun yet trail ride comfortably? She is 6 feet tall and weighs @ 150 lbs. She is an average rider, not much into speed, but enjoys playing around off trail with dad.

Found a used 06 CF5 at a decent price. Person selling is upgrading to a CF6. Didn't ask them, but would the 06 have e/s or rev on it?

Thanks

Katsass

·
Registered
463 Posts
Crossfire 5 didn't come out until '07...wife has 1;she loves it; though it does take a bit for her to throw around on twisty trails. We only put 335 miles on it this year, but no issues. EFi, and we added electric start with the CatCash we got for spring order. Had it up to 85, may go faster after a few more miles. Can't give you an answer on mileage, as my wife is hard on fuel no matter what sled;but not horrible.

If you add electric start, ask for the '07 adapter kit; not widely known, but is neccessary for fitting around the reverse.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm, Coulda swore they said it was an 06. Maybe it is an 07 and they are upgrading to a CF6?

Anyway, thanks for the info. Good to know it's fuel injected. I will have to look into the E/S option if it doesn't have it. I don't expect my daughter to "throw it around", poor choice of words. I should have said: Would she be capable of handling the sled on/off trail.

She likes to jump the snow banks and tries to ride on one ski, so I thought the CF 5 would be a good option for her. 85 is plenty fast enough. She does well now up to 60-65. Off trail is mostly woods roads to mountain side clear cuts that are untraveled and sometimes waist deep.
Thanks again.

Anyone else out there have any input?

Katsass

1 - 4 of 4 Posts