Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone put a 2" deep lug track on a Crossfire? I think a Crossfire would be great for the type of riding I do out here in Oregon, but the small track won't cut it. I ride a 2k 600 Mt Cat now and it gets around fine, but the Crossfire might be more fun (with a deeper track).
Just wondering!

·
Registered
310 Posts
Yes you can put a 2" track on a CF, you don't have to worry about any clearance issues. I've got my pics posted in this sections with the 15 x 2 x 144" track, several people have done this and posted pics as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 06 crossfire 6 and I have a 2" inch track to install. I know there is room with the 9 tooth drivers but I am wondering if anyone has experience with changing to a 8 tooth driver or changing gears in the diamond drive.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I left the stock drivers in mine and changed the dd gears from 65/55 to 57/63. Do you have the 136 or 144 track? I think if you were to change to the 8 tooth drivers it would be a 3" pitch which wouldn't work on a 2.52 pitch track. Do you plan to ride in Mn, out west or both?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I plan to take a trip out west this season. I had not even considered track pitch. That is something that I have not had to deal with yet. The track is from a friend that I swapped work on one of his cars, I believe the track is off of a Yamaha. I was not sure of clearance with the 9 tooth drivers until I looked under the
sled and now see there is plenty of room. So mabee a gear change is all I need. I only intend on using the 2' track out west.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Do you know what gears you have? You can look on the cover of the dd and it should say. If you have 60/60 gears I'd leave it alone. I'm guessing the track is a 136". It should be a 2.52 pitch. For the clutch set up I went with what cat recommened on the clutching elevation chart under the hood. I order a set of cutler adjustable weights instead of a set of certain weight clutch weights. I use these for both home and out west.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts