Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a 2007 cfr1000 sno pro last season and all was good for about three days, had it out around the house in the fields and then it quit. Threw code for the apv valves so replaced cables and cleaned them up. It seemed to fix the problem until the sled quit after about 40-50km or riding. Took it to dealer and they couldn’t find the problem the ecu kept throwing a new code every time the previous code was “fixed”. dealer gave up and told me I needed new ecu or wiring harness. Went out yesterday and it fired up no issues no codes nothing. Where do I go from here? Possible the ecu got wet and dried out over the summer? Would rather not spend money where I don’t need to

·
Administrator
20,116 Posts
I’ve known of two of those models that were “harness gremlin” plagued.

One ended up taking and needing three (yes, 3) harnesses to eventually cure it.

Seems there was a flaw found in a few spots within harnesses after they’d been replaced and failed in very short time spans. They were sent back to Cat for inspection and they found faulty procedures in assembly of them from supplier something to do with inadequate internal insulation that was allowing the harnesses to ground to an internal ran chassis ground wire while being secured along the top of bulkhead rail where harness was ran?

Maybe, yours could be related to this, as this guys was intermittent and sounds like yours may well be also?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.