Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will this years crossfire 8 have the same engine problems as last year.. as the flaming and the burning up. im gonna be snowchecking and i need help fast.

suspension soft? well for me.. 180 lbs

have no idea what to buy.

im in mcmuray as the other guy... in the topic on his crossfire.. still Tons of snow! 3 feet ish...

i ride off and on trail half and half.. but i also like jumps and such. i was thinking a m7 141 used but that would be a bit long for trailriding?

and if i snowcheck they only make a 153 now.. and im pretty sure thats to long plus that would eb a bit ahrder to "fool around" on for a 16 year old kid.. 180 pounds.. 6'4?

i was thinking more crossfire/ 136 track area because of the potential to extend it.. with a m153 you cant go shorter..well you can im sure.. but its alot more work. and more $$?

·
Registered
24 Posts
if your worried at all about suspension just get the sno pro, its a little stiff for crusing but it sure feels good when your catching some air or pick the speed up, Ole's machine shop has a bolt on extension that goes to 144, I think you can even order it in a package with a track, price looks very fair. I don't think the motor problems are wide spread, they will probobly have it dialed in pretty good for next season.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have an 08 XF 800 and have had absolutley no problems, best Cat I have ever owned!! I would buy the XF and put Ole's kit on it. I think that's going to be my sumer project as well. :super_happy:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thats what i was thinking. cause if they knew about these problems im sure they will eb fixed forsure. Soooo for next year im quessing i will still put on supports for just in case? wouldnt want a bent tunnel on a 14000 sled. haha does anyone know the exact date the sled has to be paid in full when you snowcheck? or is there a date? or can you ride with it still being financeed?

i need more info.. i could be pulling out the cheque. ahahaha

edit.... forgot to say thanks for the replys. !

·
Registered
86 Posts
a crossfire is the ideal sled for this riding area. i love mine when i get to ride it. u shoud deffently go with the o8 tho don't take a chance on and 07 lots of people have had lost of problems with them altho some people have been lucky and there sleds have worked trobule free y take the chance.

i snow checked my sled hear and had to put a 500 doller deposit on it and when it got hear i had 10 days to work out the financing.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
what do you mean when it arrioved you had 10 days to word out the financing?

like as in when it arrived you had 10 days left to pay the remaining?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.