Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,293 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (adidas @ Jan 12 2007, 02:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Crossfire 07 - is it a good sled for a tall man ? I am 6´4.
Please pictures.[/b]
No pics, but at 6' 5" it is one of the best rides I have ever been on. An excellent all around, all day sled.

·
Registered
20 Posts
How's 6'8" for a tall rider? lol...

I found that it was ALOT of work getting out of the seat on the firecat chassis. The couple times I went out on the neighbor's sled last year I came back with sore knees from hitting them on the high beam switch and a tired back and knees from how much work it was to get out of the seat for big bumps.. standing and riding.. forget it! Sitting on the crossfire was SO much better.. Such is life for a tall rider.. I figured I'd be happy with a used firecat anyway.

Then I went to the local AC dealer and sat on the CF700 they had and it was amazing! The extra seat height and more rider forward postion was SO much more comfortable. This fall I ended up getting a left over 06 CF700SP and I couldn't be more happy with the decision.

I've put about 100 miles on it so far and I found that it's SO much more fun to ride. I can stand up and ride if I want and I can easily get out of the seat. Coming back from a long ride I was much less tired and no sore knees! I switched with my buddy and rode his '02 ZR800 for a bit while he played on mine and it was miserable for me! I quit getting out of the seat for the big bumps and after about 1/2 hour of riding my knees began to ache.. back to the CF! Only problem was that I couldn't get him off my sled! lol

For your height, I'd say that the CF would be very comfortable. For me, adding 2.5" or 3" riser will be even more comfortable and getting the BOSS seat for 3" more height will make the setup about perfect.

If you get a Crossfire you won't be disappointed!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Crossfire is nice but recently at a dealer I had a chance to try the fit and feel of a new Crossfire and new F chasiss side by side and felt the F chassis was by far the best fit for my 6ft 3in frame as I really didn't feel there would be much of a difference before trying this. Wish they were 136in like the Crossfire. Maybe next year. I did not test drive so no opinion there. Hopeing to ride test ride one soon.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I am 6', have a C7, moved up from a ZR style, put on a 3" riser from Ole's and the setup just feels natural when standing.
After a trail day, the ol' knees are just fine, I was expecting to be a little stiff since on the ZRT I could stretch out. The comfort of moving between standing and sitting sure eases the body joints by allowing a change from just sitting.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Heavyhitter, you are right.. the new F chassis sure does feel good. I would say that sitting on the CF and the new chassis, with the adjustable seat at it's highest, it does feel slightly more comfortable than the CF. I do like everything else about the CF however. The fact that I got a good deal on a left over '06 sealed the deal for me.

I think with a riser and taller seat.. I'll enjoy riding the CF more.

·
Registered
18 Posts
6' 3" 210 this sled rocks. Revs made my back sore, not this sled. Rode 500 miles this week and my brother has a new Vector. He didn't want to ride his any more, except when we pulled up to the pumps.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Yeah, I must admit that the XFIRE is a nice jump on and ride fit for a tall guy (should have bought one) but I dont mind my F7 with a riser, it fits me great 6'6. Just a bit more work to steer it with a tall riser and C&A's.

Attachments

·
Registered
349 Posts
I am 6'6" and love my ZR8 CCE too much to part with,I just bought cats 6 inch riser and might try the 3" boss seat.My knees dont get sore but the hooks are in the way and the part of the bars you hold on to are just below my kneecaps while sitting on the sled,I have gotten very good at riding bowlegged! Damn 36 inch inseam!

·
Registered
3,293 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mxsnow @ Mar 7 2007, 09:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I am 6'6" and love my ZR8 CCE too much to part with,I just bought cats 6 inch riser and might try the 3" boss seat.My knees dont get sore but the hooks are in the way and the part of the bars you hold on to are just below my kneecaps while sitting on the sled,I have gotten very good at riding bowlegged! Damn 36 inch inseam![/b]

I hear you brother!!!!

I have the 6" riser and 2007 Crossfire bars on my 02 ZR800 CC. Also had a custom seat made up with added foam. I sit higher and it's really cushy. See my avatar.

I also ride a Crossfire with a 2" riser on it. Love the feel and never tired or sore.

·
Registered
13,095 Posts
I'm 42 y.o. at 6'1" and 275 lbs. My body aches while riding T-Cat then knees ache on my F7. After riding a '07 XF 800 SP Demo while sitting and standing for a good 3 or 4 miles a few weeks ago...Right off the bat, I knew XF and it's ergonomics would be the almost or near perfect sled for my aging body.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts