Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a crosstec helmet. the sun shield would not go down all the way and would catch going up. I had to file the lenz screws off and file down the hinge area where it attaches to helmet. I also put a very small amount of vaseline on the pivot area and now it works. Took two hrs of messing around to acomplish this task. Rediculouse for a $300.+ helmet. Any one else have this problem?

·
Registered
312 Posts
I don't no if im gonna keep my 07 Crosstec Helmet at all.......

freeze my face on a -7 day with all the vents closed!!

Im not to impressed

·
Registered
6 Posts
I also bought a Crosstec helmet and it would not close properly when I installed the electric shield. I talked to the dealer that sold me the helmet and shield about the problem. They indicated that the velcro tab that is glued to the top of the helmet(under the shield) and the glued tabs along the bottom rim of the helmet are holding it up. I removed both the velcro tab, removed the three glued tabs along the bottom rim of the helmet, glued the rubber breathe reflector piece to the helmet(where the three glued tabs were), and tightened the screws on the side of the helmet. The fixes have worked. The dealer indicated that the 07 helmet has a new latch piece ilo the velcro piece at the top of the helmet(under the shield). They are sending me the piece for free. Now I can use my helmet without worrying about getting more frostbite on my cheeks. Moreover, my brother and sister in-law bought the helmets and both refuse to use them due to the same problem! Hopefully this information helps! It sucks when you buy something for that much money and you have to screw with it!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have an 06 and it is the bigest pice of :turd: i ever put on my head! No matter what I do i can not get a good seal on the face pice. I am ready to send it back to AC. If everybody is having the same problems we should all send them back! maby thay might do something.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
I was givin one by a friend that got one off ebay and it didn't fit him.
I have been on a couple rides with it and overall it is a good helmet except 2 things

1. Too much airflow in the chin area and not enough on the top of head
2. On a high speed lake crossing it flipped open

So maybe I will use it for a atv helmet and I am thinking of a TXI

·
Registered
61 Posts
I bought a new 06 crosstech. What a piece of crap that turned out to be. leaks like a sive even with the vents fully closed. The LED cover for the back likes fell off somewhere on the trail. The sunshield gets stuck in the up position all the time! Not to mention at fullbore going across the lake the lid flips open and almost rips off! my2cents

After buying that and finding out that I really didnt like it I bought a HJC Cl-max and love it!

-keith

·
Registered
14 Posts
Well, Let me say that I tryed to fix the helmet from leaking air from the vise by gluing the breath Gard in place. and taking apart the vise off and putting it back on. I some how stoped the air from coming in and the vise from coming up. Tested by blowing air from a back PAC blower the only air i felt was thru the vents. I am hoping that it will stay that way on the trail!! Total fix time about 1.5 hrs. gorella gule on breath gard PRAY FOR SNOW :D

·
Registered
84 Posts
don't even get me worked up again on this helmet again! This is the biggest pile of junk Arctic cat has ever put there name on! I had to rip the the sun shield out because it flip down on me at night at a very high speed on the lake (scariest thing ever). It leaks all kind of air, I had to reglue almost everything back on because it falls apart. The shield doesn't seal properly. What a was of $200 plus dollars!

·
Registered
165 Posts
my crosstech is such a piece of ****. sloick lookin, but aint worth the 400 i paid for it. my lens cover fell off, the jaw piece wont lock, my heated visor hookup on the side broke off, and niether the nose piece or the chin flap stays on. they look sweet, but uselss. dont write a check if ur ass cant cash it. lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts