Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Although i havent got to ride my 06 CF700 SP i have been reading up and several places have indicated that the sled can push and you have no way to increase the ski pressure witht he limiter strap. Knowing that the M7 is almost the same chasis i found that the Mseries has a slick limiter strap adjuster set up. I checked out the parts on alpha and found the CF strap is 15.6 inches, but it doesnt list the lenght for the Mseries. Anyone swap over to the Mseries or at least have the length of the strap?? i suppose i could get the adjster and punch holes in my stock strap if i have too

·
Registered
168 Posts
If you leave the cat ski's on add a hole 1inch tighter
If you go to Powder Pro's then nothing needed,
I have a set of PP's on my std 06 700, the difference
is the ski construction. The height is about 1-1.5 higher
Ski mounting Holes.... the ski is thicker from the wearbar
to the bolt...

·
Administrator
2,582 Posts
The sled has problems bottoming the front arm too easy, shorter straps will make this worse. if you need more ski pressure increase ski spring pre load, if you want reduced weight transfer increase the setting on the coupler blocks

·
Registered
428 Posts
What he said ^^^^

And also, back off the spring tension on the center shock. I can get more than enough ski pressure just by adjusting the ski springs and center spring, with the stock skis. No need to adjust the limiter strap. And throw the stock wear bars in the trash. They are just about worthless.

·
Banned
1,162 Posts
Minimum 8" single carbides if you ride with any aggresiveness (stock ski's)

WARNING.... The frontend of this sled WILL develop a "mind of it's own" if ridden extremely hard with the stock ski's.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I could not run with less tension on the center shock I have the standard and upgraded
to the Snopro spring to stop the bottoming and run it almost as tight as I can.
I would also say that a very agressive carbide 8-10inch may have worked but I opted
for the PP's from the Gently Used forum. Which fixed the turning issue, I also did not
want to run with tighter limiters but that is one improvement. I also run the ski pre load
with only 1/2 inch of bumper sag. Almost no adjustment left (for tighter).
Whatever works for you right.
Good Luck the sled will rock...

·
Registered
428 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (soulemann @ Mar 28 2007, 08:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I could not run with less tension on the center shock I have the standard and upgraded
to the Snopro spring to stop the bottoming and run it almost as tight as I can.[/b]
Why can't you run with less preload on the center spring? Running more preload won't help much for the bottoming issue, but it will cause the sled to push like yours did. You need to revalve the shock to help with the bottoming, not add more preload.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Yes sir, revalve may also be a good option but I currently am very happy with
results of these changes I didn't really want the brick feel of the rock hard
shock and More of the Issue I didn't want somebody in my brand new shock
Rebuilding it before I break it. 6 of 1 6 of another.
I think the Floats would be a great upgrade do you know anybody running them?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts