Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can some one tell me what the difference between the regular Zr is and the Zr cross country?

·
Banned
2,108 Posts
Different decals and windshield than the standard ZR, 1 inch track on the ZR, 1.25 inch track on the Cross Country.
Front arm control( Dial Adjust) and Clicker resivoir shocks all the way around on the Cross Country, Standard ZR just had standard ACT shocks without clickers.

Made in either black or green on both models out of the factory

I have A Red 2002 ZR Cross Country for sale if you are interested in owning one

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...3757&rd=1,1

·
Registered
253 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snow800 @ Mar 23 2007, 06:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Different decals and windshield than the standard ZR, 1 inch track on the ZR, 1.25 inch track on the Cross Country.
Front arm control( Dial Adjust) and Clicker resivoir shocks all the way around on the Cross Country, Standard ZR just had standard ACT shocks without clickers.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...3757&rd=1,1[/b]
Exaclty.. and I cant believe you are getting rid of that beauty!! I seen it on ebay last week, couldnt believe you were selling it! New project to start or what?

·
Premium Member
4,640 Posts

They didn't have clickers all the way around. They had reservoirs on the front ski shocks but no clickers. Only the rear arm shock had a clicker.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Good call, just the early builds, I had one in the 500 just like snow800 did. That was a nice machine, I had that thing dialed in!! I think it was more fun in the trails. Now I have to worry about crashing with all this power. But hey, I sold the 500 for more than I bought the 800 for brand new. SCORE

·
Banned
2,108 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (speed_freek @ Mar 23 2007, 11:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snow800 @ Mar 23 2007, 06:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Exaclty.. and I cant believe you are getting rid of that beauty!! I seen it on ebay last week, couldnt believe you were selling it! New project to start or what?
[/b][/quote]

Yes,
I build a new sled every summer, ride it for a year or 2 and sell it.
I am buying a sled next week that I will tear apart and "tune it up" and be ready for next season.

Here is a few that I have done over the years, I have sold them all, but I still have the Firecat.

2002.5 ZR 900, With SLP twin pipes, the factory reverse lever hit on the pipes and would not work, I fabricated a "twist lever"
that I made all the linkage to run behind the chaincase instead of in front, The firecat is a 2003 F 7 standard with 04 decals and a 05 seat, The orange sled is a 95 ZRT 800 with a 98 1000 engine with 98 Tcat decals with a M10 and a BLT front suspension, The 99 ZRT 800 had a 1004 big bore.

Attachments

·
Banned
2,108 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jeff H @ Mar 24 2007, 12:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

They didn't have clickers all the way around. They had reservoirs on the front ski shocks but no clickers. Only the rear arm shock had a clicker.[/b]

My 2002 500 LE had clickers on all four shocks., I put a Fox Dial adjust on it,
The Fox Adjuster is gold in color, The "Act" dial adjuster is
black and is a POS that blows out all the time.

Attachments

·
Registered
253 Posts
How much is the fox adjuster? Does it use the same fitting as the cat one? So I can use the quick coupling?

·
Registered
6,674 Posts
That was great looking back through all that work you did (for at least the 3rd or 4th time now) I didn't realize I picked up my ZL not far from ya.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snow800 @ Mar 23 2007, 07:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

1 - 9 of 9 Posts