Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was thinking the other day... hey could you mount a pair of zr500 (600/800) engines side by side , connect them together as one,then make it work. Ether just go with carbed model so you don’t have too mess with a computer or just mod the arctic cat computer and system to run with 4 pistons ?! Just was a random crazy idea, any one think this could be feasible or has anyone one here done this already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
343 Posts
Somebody on you tube had a zr [like a '97?]. He put two 550 liquids together. Looked pretty cool sittin' inside his garage. I can't find it at this moment...

·
Registered
343 Posts
Was thinking the other day... hey could you mount a pair of zr500 (600/800) engines side by side , connect them together as one,then make it work. Ether just go with carbed model so you don’t have too mess with a computer or just mod the arctic cat computer and system to run with 4 pistons ?! Just was a random crazy idea, any one think this could be feasible or has anyone one here done this already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here it is. Two 530's.

·
Registered
4,031 Posts
Things like that have been done many times, two twins joined to make a 4 cylinder, or one and a half joined to make a triple. There was one I saw recently on Arctic Insider where a guy made a triple from a coupe of 6, or 700's. I remember reading a magazine article in the early 90's on a guy in Quebec who welded a couple 700's together to make a 1400 and he got it to fit under the hood. It had three pipes exit one side and the one on the other. It was well fabbed and looked sano. He said it was his trail sled!:oops:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts