Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey was just wondering how to cut back the oil consumption on my 07 f8? 2 liters for 130 miles is a little much isn't it? also with using that much oil would it cause it to be a little/lot gutless? it just doesn't seem to have the oomph an 800 should have. i did clean the power valves last night and it did improve marginally. also how can u test to see if the servo for the valves is working?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Definitely hard on oil! I adjusted my crossfire this winter and have about a 40-1 ratio now compared to 30-1 before. I may adjust it again still on the fence. Not sure about your model but mine has linkage between the throttle bodies and oil pump. If you turn the linkage one turn it will adjust the ratio about 10-1. If I recall correctly, I extended the linkage to reduce oil consumption. It would be best to determine your ratio before adjusting that.

To check servo motor, it has to be run up to the rpm where it engages. Put it on a stand and run it up watch for its operation. Also. Check cable length at power valves for correct length.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts