Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was thinking the other day... hey could you mount a pair of zr500 (600/800) engines side by side , connect them together as one,then make it work. Ether just go with carbed model so you don’t have too mess with a computer or just mod the arctic cat computer and system to run with 4 pistons ?! Just was a random crazy idea, any one think this could be feasible or has anyone one here done this already?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,413 Posts
Anything is possible, haha. I once modified a 13B Mazda Rotary to a Volvo sterndrive, it actually worked well. Honestly, I just look for a nice used Cat with a bigger motor. It's not as if Cat does not have some fast/powerful stuff.. Now a nitrous injected Mazda 13B.....

·
Registered
29 Posts
Was thinking the other day... hey could you mount a pair of zr500 (600/800) engines side by side , connect them together as one,then make it work. Ether just go with carbed model so you don’t have too mess with a computer or just mod the arctic cat computer and system to run with 4 pistons ?! Just was a random crazy idea, any one think this could be feasible or has anyone one here done this already?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Way back in 1992 Yamaha made a Vmax 4 which was just that 2 motors spliced together you can see a space between them this machine was remarkable they made it 92 till 97

·
Premium Member
974 Posts
And it cleaned house at the grass drags. Nothing could touch it until some hot T-cats 900's came around. But it was heavy but very durable.

Steve

·
Registered
29 Posts
And it cleaned house at the grass drags. Nothing could touch it until some hot T-cats 900's came around. But it was heavy but very durable.

Steve
I actually rode one back in 1997 it was so damn heavy I didnot want to turn a corner with it very wide to

1 - 5 of 5 Posts