Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few years ago I managed to hit an unmovable object in the ground at around 15mph with my drivers side ski and collapsed the Aframe assemble, t-rod, shock, ski, etc. During my propelled exit off to the otherside of the sled I caught the right-side steering arm and throttle area with my ribs and managed to actually tweak the entire steering wheel assemble forward about an inch or so.

Anyhow Im just getting around to piecing things back together (while we wait for snow) and before I cont to rip this thing apart Im beginning to wonder if its worth fixing. During its resting period since the crash its been slow leaking oil from underneath the front pan area. Pulling the hood off and getting into the air silencer .... things inside are covered with oil. Looks like the oil is coming from this area. At the risk of sounding like a rookie, which I am, this seems to be where the oil leak is coming from ... but why so much here?

·
Registered
73 Posts
That must have been some hit. The oil in the air intake is normal for these engines over time. I've cleaned out mine from time to time when I've had the air box off, but it's nothing to indicate any issues with the engine. Steering posts can be replaced, might be a good time to move the the extension one on the 08 Crossfires. As for the front end, have to see pics but if the attachment points for the a-arms are straight there's no reason you can't fix with used parts.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That must have been some hit. The oil in the air intake is normal for these engines over time. I've cleaned out mine from time to time when I've had the air box off, but it's nothing to indicate any issues with the engine. Steering posts can be replaced, might be a good time to move the the extension one on the 08 Crossfires. As for the front end, have to see pics but if the attachment points for the a-arms are straight there's no reason you can't fix with used parts.
Thanks for the feedback! Yep all the attachment points were straight so the front end is back together. Im curious about your steering post comment ... are you talking specifically about replacing the post with a 2008 version? I see that the parts number are the same in both years. Can you elaborate? How much tear down is involved in replacing the entire post? Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts