Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I HAVE BEEN READING ALL MORNING, WILL LEAKY CRANK SEALS MAKE THE MOTOR REV UP AT IDEL OR BOG OUT AND NOT IDEL. BECAUSE I CAN NOT GET AN IDEL AND HAVE CHECKED EVEYTHING. 1981 PANTERA

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yes, bad crank seal can cause very erratic ide. while it is ideling, try spraying a small amount of starting fluid rite at the crank seal behind the clutch and into the mag area, if you can find a small hole around the mag side. Useualy the timing mark area will work. If the engine revs way up or races when the fluid is sprayed, you probably have a bad seal.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I CHECKED FOR LEAKS AND THERE ARE NONE, MAYBE ITS IN THE CARB. IS THERE A DIFFRENCE BETWEEN THE MUKUNI 34MM AND THE MUKUNI VM 34MM BECAUSE I CAN GET MY HAND ON A BRAND NEW ONE CHEAP FROM A FREIND BUT I AM NOT SURE IF IT WILL WORK. THE ONE I HAVE ON NOW HAS TWO ADJUSTER SCREWS ON THE SIDE AND MY FREINS JUST HAS THE ONE. ANY IDEAS THANKS

·
Registered
32 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (batabadini @ Jan 31 2007, 10:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I CHECKED FOR LEAKS AND THERE ARE NONE, MAYBE ITS IN THE CARB. IS THERE A DIFFRENCE BETWEEN THE MUKUNI 34MM AND THE MUKUNI VM 34MM BECAUSE I CAN GET MY HAND ON A BRAND NEW ONE CHEAP FROM A FREIND BUT I AM NOT SURE IF IT WILL WORK. THE ONE I HAVE ON NOW HAS TWO ADJUSTER SCREWS ON THE SIDE AND MY FREINS JUST HAS THE ONE. ANY IDEAS THANKS[/b]
I assumed in your first post that you had checked/cleaned/adjusted the carb. For sure that should be done especially on an older sled. You say there are no screws on the side of the mikuni you have now? sounds odd. maybe that is part of the problem, pieces missing. Is this some sled you just picked up, or have you had it for some time and it ran great, and then suddenly this happened? If it is one that you just got, I would recommend you go thru everything on it. With older sleds that you haven't owned I can almost guarantee there will be multiple things that need addressing. I see your other post re:34 vs 34 carb. The key to changing the carb will be to make sure you have the same as stock parts inside. The slide valve, jet needle, needle jet, clip position, pilot jet, main jet, and power jet if it had one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts