Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:thumbsup: was wondering if anyone has had any experience with fixing a crack in there hood.and what product worked the best.have small crack in hood above rubber latch and want to fix it the best i can before i put on some new graphics by FX.

·
Registered
514 Posts
There is a product called DURAMIX that works great, they have different componds, but the only draw back is you have to buy the gun to apply it, I have used on many different plastics and had great results. The type I use is 40/40 thats the compond #, take a grinder or what ever you have acess to and bevel the back side of the plastic and ruff up the surface before you apply it, its also a good idea to find a plastic adhesion promoter to sofen the suface to make a better long lasting repair. If you have a body shop near by you could have them do the ruff repair for a small fee, they should know what DURAMIX is.JM2CENTS!!!! :beer_cheers:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Bring it to a body shop and have them epoxy it. Usually around 20-30 bucks for a crack or two.

·
Registered
514 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (firecat823 @ Jan 6 2007, 11:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
The bodyshops use that duramix too. If it's same stuff im thinking of, you have to either borrow the gun or buy one to apply. But it holds awesome :devil_angry:[/b]
Yes you are correct, my brother is a auto body tech and thats where I learned about it, now I use it at work all the time. Best apoxy I have ever used hands down.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.