Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:thumbsup: was wondering if anyone has had any experience with fixing a crack in there hood.and what product worked the best.have small crack in hood above rubber latch and want to fix it the best i can before i put on some new graphics by FX.

·
Registered
514 Posts
There is a product called DURAMIX that works great, they have different componds, but the only draw back is you have to buy the gun to apply it, I have used on many different plastics and had great results. The type I use is 40/40 thats the compond #, take a grinder or what ever you have acess to and bevel the back side of the plastic and ruff up the surface before you apply it, its also a good idea to find a plastic adhesion promoter to sofen the suface to make a better long lasting repair. If you have a body shop near by you could have them do the ruff repair for a small fee, they should know what DURAMIX is.JM2CENTS!!!! :beer_cheers:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Bring it to a body shop and have them epoxy it. Usually around 20-30 bucks for a crack or two.

·
Registered
130 Posts
The bodyshops use that duramix too. If it's same stuff im thinking of, you have to either borrow the gun or buy one to apply. But it holds awesome :devil_angry:

·
Registered
514 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (firecat823 @ Jan 6 2007, 11:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
The bodyshops use that duramix too. If it's same stuff im thinking of, you have to either borrow the gun or buy one to apply. But it holds awesome :devil_angry:[/b]
Yes you are correct, my brother is a auto body tech and thats where I learned about it, now I use it at work all the time. Best apoxy I have ever used hands down.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts