Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HAD RECALL DONE ON MY F7 & F6 NOW BOTH CRACKED! ANYBODY ELSE ? DID DEALER DO IT WRONG? BETTER CHECK YOURS. SUCKS WHEN YOU TRAVEL 5 HOURS TO RIDE AND GET COVERED WITH GAS. DID FIND A GLUE CALLED SEAL ALL THAT STOP THE LEAK, THANK GOD!

·
Registered
275 Posts
I am just waiting for that to happen to me as well....I can't tell any bit of difference between my new tank and the old one. I bet you were pissed. What the hell is wrong with AC and this issue?

·
Registered
29 Posts
my buddy brought his back 3x's for the tank recall not to mention all the repeated times for the bogging. After all the [email protected] he went through with his, I end up purchasing an 04 f7 efi from the same dealer and they assured me everything was takin care of riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight we'll see.
If it happens I'm gonna drive it through their front window ........ LOL

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
called dealer today he had both tanks in stock they both go in tomorow. i'm going to keep a tube of seal all glue and a small screw driver in each sled from now on!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,395 Posts
Who's your dealer? Feel free to PM, if you'd like.

·
Premium Member
2,403 Posts
I'm guessing the "inserts" are what you had done...or did they put tanks in the 1st time ?? I've said all along that the insert wasn't going to work......Cat better be ready to do ALL the tanks instead of getting out easy with that chinsey insert !

Best of luck..let us know how it all tunrs out ...

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
dropped them off this morning, picked them tonight, new tanks installed on both sleds. no insert in them, they said new tanks don't need them, hope this is true. it was really good of dealer to do it right away. just check your tanks before you ride or drive 5 hours to ride, and keep some 'seal all' around just in case. they just did the inserts the first time.

·
Registered
84 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (F-N-HYMER @ Jan 2 2007, 12:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
HAD RECALL DONE ON MY F7 & F6 NOW BOTH CRACKED! ANYBODY ELSE ? DID DEALER DO IT WRONG? BETTER CHECK YOURS. SUCKS WHEN YOU TRAVEL 5 HOURS TO RIDE AND GET COVERED WITH GAS. DID FIND A GLUE CALLED SEAL ALL THAT STOP THE LEAK, THANK GOD![/b]

Ok did you get the filler neck installed, or are you talking about getting a brand new tank installed and it cracked?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
they put inserts in the tank neck the fist time (recall) and it still cracked, today they installed new tanks on both my f7&f6 with no inserts, they said new tanks are thicker now and don't need inserts, hope that explains it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
They put in a new tank in my 04 Sabercat 700. I noticed immediately that all the wires to the battery weren't reconnected, which I had to do myself, no big deal, but that isn't how I dropped it off. Then to my dismay, when I filled the tank with fuel and cranked it over, gas ran out all over the floor of my trailer. I called the dealer and they said bring it back...they wouldn't come pick it up to fix their mistake. Needless to say, I had trailered it to them twice just to get the new tank. I decided to fix the problem myself. They failed to reconnect the fuel line to the tank which is a simple fix, but just poor workmanship. I can't stand inept mechanics!!!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
haven't seen my machine since I towed mine and my friends back from the dealer and then over to his shop. They both had the tanks put in but his was the third time. He told me some bad news, when he walked passed the trailer the other day he said the machines were reaking of gas. He was in a rush didn't get a chance to look at them but we're guessing theres a lake in the belly pan in one or even both. I'm really not in the mood to drive 3 hours to Pennsylvania yet again for this bullS#@t. I just purchased the machine a month ago and was told all the updates were taken care of, like I said his was brought back 3x's for the tank thing. bang your head

When I actually check the machines out for myself I'll let you guys know what's going on
badcomputer

1 - 12 of 12 Posts