Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After changing my oil in dd I noticed a small crack in case where oil plug goes. It's about 1/4"-1/2" long. Does anyone know if this can be fixed using something like JB weld or do I need to get a new back half? Headed out west in 10 day need some advise asap. One other thing when you loosen the oil plug the leak at the crack get worse, and when you tighten it slows down but spreads the crack open more. I am guessing this is due to the length on the oil plug going beyond the crack on the inside of the oil plug hole. Any advise would be great.

Thanks,

·
Registered
509 Posts
Tundramonkey,
I most certainly would try JB-Weld to temporarily fix the issue at hand but would suggest talking with your dealer to get it replaced under warranty. If you don't mind me asking.....how many miles on your sled? Did you notice this when changing your DD fluid for the 1st time? Are you still under warranty on this sled?

-John

·
Registered
13,095 Posts
If I was you...I'd take it right to the dealer to prevent any further complications of DD. The sooner you get it fixed, The lesser problems you'll have with your dealer and Cat. :thumbsup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts