Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just wanted to show you what I ended up replacing my 2008 Arctic Cat 650 H1 TRV 4x4 with. As some of you may have read my thread on "Buy Back" I was pretty much forced into selling my AC 650 back to the dealership I bought it from.

https://www.arcticchat.com/forum/general-atv-discussion/490413-buy-back.html

I came across this 2008 Polaris Sportsman 500 HO Touring AWD last week and ended up purchasing it. Once seeing it in person it was a very clean machine. Who ever had it before took very good care of it.

I mostly do all trail riding with low/moderate mud/water crossings. I'm planning on ordering front and rear tube bumpers for the Polaris since last summer having tube bumper's on the Arctic Cat 650 made me a believer in them when my BIL rammed me and my wife pretty hard in the rear end of the Arctic Cat.

Anyway just wanted to leave some pics of what I ended up with. It's Pearl White with Silver trim.

Tony

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
Sorry to hear about your new purchase.... lol.... I'm not a fan of Polaris pulled way to many out of trouble

When u get a bumper on that I would find a better way to protect that rad..

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry to hear about your new purchase.... lol.... I'm not a fan of Polaris pulled way to many out of trouble

When u get a bumper on that I would find a better way to protect that rad..

I knew that was coming lol, yeah I'm not one of those type to bury my ATV (what ever ATV manufacture that is) in the mud to have to be pulled out. I'm to lazy to have to clean one up. Also I look at it this way if it's mechanical what ever it is it will break down sooner or later. Remember zrock Polaris and Arctic Cat are kin folk, the same guy founded both companies,so be nice lol. :grin

Tony

·
Administrator
35,443 Posts
My condolences !!

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
I knew that was coming lol, yeah I'm not one of those type to bury my ATV (what ever ATV manufacture that is) in the mud to have to be pulled out. I'm to lazy to have to clean one up. Also I look at it this way if it's mechanical what ever it is it will break down sooner or later. Remember zrock Polaris and Arctic Cat are kin folk, the same guy founded both companies,so be nice lol. :grin

Tony
Lol.... to each their own... as long as your having fun and come home in 1 PC...machine too lol... it's all good... at least if u get stranded you have a automatic fire starter unless that factory option has been taken out... lol...

Just bugging.... enjoy

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lol.... to each their own... as long as your having fun and come home in 1 PC...machine too lol... it's all good... at least if u get stranded you have a automatic fire starter unless that factory option has been taken out... lol...

Just bugging.... enjoy

Yep I read about some those ECM over heating on the Polaris and causing a potential fire hazard on some model years. I'm grateful last year that doorfx I believe showed a sticky recall on the hazard of the 2008-2009 AC front diff could lock up on you and cause a potential crash. My 2008 AC 650 H1 TRV was on that recall list, but it got fixed.

I really liked my 2008 AC 650 I had for a short time, it was a bummer that it turned out the way it did because I pretty much had it fixed up like I wanted. The only thing was I was going to replace the front tires back to 8 inch wide tires instead of the 10 wide tires the previous owner had installed. Those 10" wide tires made it a little hard to steer at times.

Tony

·
Registered
8,533 Posts
Guys, don’t be so hard on Tony. We all have our faults and his was buying a Polaris lol. Anyways good luck with your new purchase Tony.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Guys, don’t be so hard on Tony. We all have our faults and his was buying a Polaris lol. Anyways good luck with your new purchase Tony.

No,No,No not you to 660catman, I thought we had a common bond with the Suzuki 400 engine we've talked about in the past. Well I guess you know who your friends are when it comes right down to it, lol. :plain And to think I've defended the Arctic Cat brand when those ole mean boys that ride Honda,Yamaha,etc says Arctic Cat's s**k the big one.

Tony

·
Registered
8,533 Posts
No,No,No not you to 660catman, I thought we had a common bond with the Suzuki 400 engine we've talked about in the past. Well I guess you know who your friends are when it comes right down to it, lol. :plain And to think I've defended the Arctic Cat brand when those ole mean boys that ride Honda,Yamaha,etc says Arctic Cat's s**k the big one.

Tony

Oh we still have that Suzuki bond, but’s that is it buddy lol.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh we still have that Suzuki bond, but’s that is it buddy lol.

LOL alright then, maybe doorfx won't ban me from the site then, finger's crossed. :grin

Tony

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
4 Participants
T.Ray
Arctic Cat Forum
Arctic Cat forum is a community to discuss Arctic Cat 400, 440, 500, 650, snowmobiles, sleds, ATV's and more. Join the fun!
Full Forum Listing