Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well since I did my motor mounts yesterday, I discovered some shananagans with my clutching.

Here are my primary sheeves. Also suppose to be ///stage one

Metal Auto part Steel Rim Machine

Here is a pick of my rollers 6 are the same size(.212)and 2 are slightly smaller(.198)

Bearing Auto part Washer Grommet Ball bearing

Now my belt has less than 100 miles factory Suzuki belt, I got stuck plowing once and I believe that's when it happens. I know I need a new belt but when I went to the dealership for a new one the tech measured it and told me to run it. They had no new belts instock

Auto part Automotive engine timing part Automotive engine part

Gear Automotive engine timing part Bicycle part Auto part Automotive engine part

Now for my final question I was told I had a speedwerxs almond secondary spring. I can't tell. It's not painted, just has blue marks.

Auto part Metal

I am pondering the idea of a new secondary spring if needed as well as rollers.

Have 29.5 outlaws, VDI, m109r injector and mounts.

I just want this to be done correctly.

Don't want to have to keep on taking this apart so often.

Any insight would be great.

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
Without having the primary sheaves in hand to check for machining there is now to tell if they have the stage 1 work done, I can see that there is no fixed plate modification done (stage 2), I really doubt there was any spacer sleeve modification work done (stage 3) because is done on the mudpro clutches or if you planned on a stage 5 setup.
I'm 99% sure that is a stock secondary spring you have there with the blue paint (I have some just like it here).
My guess is that someone just switched 2 rollers for 2 lighter ones and called it a day.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Yeah you need a belt and for that idiot to say run it is because they just want you business. I agree looks like you have two lighter rollers.

·
Administrator
8,655 Posts
Dont Forget To Find A New Dealer To

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
look at this very crude drawing. If you look at the primary sheaves, from the side there will be a flat area about a 1/4" wide next to the center spool hole if stock. if the sheaves have been machined about 3mm the flat area is gone. if the sheaves were machined 2 mm or less then the width of the flat area would be a lot narrower. Hard to tell from your photo, but it does look like your primary has been machined.

Attachments

Reactions: GreenGoblin227

·
Premium Member
8,170 Posts
whats the mic spec on the side of the belt justin?....I agree with rick stock secondary spring...two smaller epi rollers. As far as i know ive never seen a almond spring for a suzuki 700...i didnt even know they made anything for 700 secondary honestly its either epi or dalton.

What do you want it to do?....Mild and trail with some top speed?....full out sling 29.5s?

·
Premium Member
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well here are the mic specs with pictures of the newer belt that's missing chunks

Measuring instrument Calipers Tool Gauge Fashion accessory

Measuring instrument Gauge Hand Tool

Here is the mic spec and pic of my spare emergency belt.

Gauge Measuring instrument Tool Hand Watch

Mark,

I am currently riding some logging roads and its thick gooppy crap. I tend to go off the beaten path on my friends dads farm and we are making trails through streams and what not. Never go really fast or care if I go over 40.

I am going to try a epi lime green spring like yours. Thankfully I have a buddy who's running a yellow epi spring and he has a complete secondary with spring installed.

Was going to go with a dalton but I can get the line green one for free.

Mine as well try it.

Big props to you with the mount write up. Freezing them still had to ppund them in with a hammer but there going no where.

Hopefully ill have it buttoned up this weekend.

·
Premium Member
8,170 Posts
Use which ever belt you think will fit this best

The new belt nominal value is : 1.370 or 34.7 mm (New width)
Condemning limit : 1.330 or 33.7 mm (time to replace when it gets at or under this size)

clutching i would go epi green spring....oem blue rollers (16g) and if it doesnt have machining 1-2 mm primary shim and you should have lots of power.

Lol i had to pound my mounts in too lol....no problem i just hope everyone realizes how important it is to upgrade them.

·
Premium Member
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
you happen to know the part number for the blue rollers?

·
Premium Member
8,170 Posts

·
Premium Member
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks. Will have them Friday.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts