Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently picked up a 98 zr 600 and i ripped out the shocks. the front springs have a little bit of rust on them and i want to paint them. where can i get arctic cat green spray paint.

i also want to get a handle bar riser, how high can i go with the stock bars. or should i look into different bars. if i do a different style, what ones would work/look better on my sled.

plus does anybody know what size/wattage bulbs are in the gauges. i would like to put red led bulbs in their to give it a different look. can i even put leds in the gauges.

·
Premium Member
2,057 Posts
Arctic cat green is very difficult to find. My dealer won't even order me a can or two because he says the case he has to order will be sitting around forever. Some have noted that "grabber green" (Mopar color) from an auto parts store is a very close match.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Here is my take on your riser. Your stock bars already give you a 3 inch rise, so if you keep the stock bars you could probably go with a 4 inch riser max by cutting some zip ties and re-routing wires/cables. Now if you replace the stock bars with a flat bar i think you could go up to an 8 inch riser. You may need a pivot adapter depending on what riser you use.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well thats good on the riser since i found a good deal on a 4 inch. will a 2000 plus zr riser fit on my sled.

yeah i figured it would be hard to get factory paint. so i just stopped at my autoparts store and picked up some grabber green engine enamal paint. its a close match just not as bright. but whos gonna know.

does anybody know if i can do leds or does it have to be a regular bulb. also what size are in the gauges.

·
Premium Member
2,057 Posts
The 2000+ riser will not fit as-is. Maybe someone has made one fit and can help. It might be a simple as drilling bigger holes and using bigger bolts but I'm not sure.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i was looking on ebay and thier is a set for pre 99 and it say you can drill them out to fit 2000+. but the one am looking at buying is for 2000+. so wouldn't they work then.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts