Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,it's been a while since I've posted anything however I do keep an eye on the board.My sled is a 2004 Panther 570.Can I remove my carbs to clean without changing the present setting of the slides.I guess I'm not sure if I can I unscrew the cap without twisting the wire going to the slide or not.
Also I have my skid out and have a few bearings to replace/repack.Do most of you use a bearing packer or is this too much grease for these bearings. I have seen some with just enough to lube but it sure seems inadequate for a sled wheel.
One more thing,Why does AC not put some kind of wearable guard on the top of the front swing arm assembly.It's just steel rubbing against the track.It has two holes as if something could be bolted on but there's nothing available.I checked Brown's fiche for several models.
I guess that's all for now.

Thanks Kerry

·
Registered
100 Posts
You should be able to unscrew the slides without changing the sync of the carbs, jsut don't loosen the jam nut on the end of the throttle cable. As far as skid bearings, I normally just replace them if they get "gravelly". But I get them from a place I used to work at wholesale cost, so it's an easier choice for me.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks indygreg,I actually bought a bunch of bearings at Princess Auto (6205-2RS) for a $1.99 ea last year for my other sled but they are the same regardless.The old sled is gone so I figured I may as well use em' up.However when I took the seals off to check them I found there to be just enough grease for lubrication. I thought if these were used in other applications in a more controlled environment....ie a machine bearing where it isn't subjected to water,snow and temperature fluctuations it would be fine.I just wondered if I should up the grease amount.
Also the bearings are made by NBR and at least don't say made in China.
Kerry

1 - 3 of 3 Posts