Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all i am looking into many thundercats around em. i have heard stuff on the counterbalance bearings. when i buy one i will do this right away because i dont want any problems. does anyone have any pictures or diagrams on how to do change the bearings? where is the shaft located? what is needed to do this?

thanks all

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (93T-CAT @ Mar 2 2007, 09:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
bump anyone.[/b]
You need to crack the case. The shaft sits inside the crankcase parallel to the the crankshaft. At the front of the motor under the exhaust manifolds. You also need some sort of press to get the bearings off and on.

·
Premium Member
15,413 Posts
I don't know how you're approaching this... But don't do it from the 'top down'.

Take the motor out of the sled, turn it upside down and remove the bottom crank case half. It's a lot less work than from the top down in the sled.

:chug:

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (A G @ Mar 2 2007, 11:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I don't know how you're approaching this... But don't do it from the 'top down'.

Take the motor out of the sled, turn it upside down and remove the bottom crank case half. It's a lot less work than from the top down in the sled.

:chug:[/b]
I don't think you can take the motor apart while it is in the sled. Aren't all the bolt heads for the case pointing down?

·
Premium Member
15,413 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KevinS @ Mar 2 2007, 01:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (A G @ Mar 2 2007, 11:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:chug:[/b]
I don't think you can take the motor apart while it is in the sled. Aren't all the bolt heads for the case pointing down?
[/b][/quote]

Yeah, you're right.

Could always flip the sled upside down, remove the bellypan and approach it from there. ;) :lol:

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bosscat333 @ Mar 5 2007, 12:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Question? How big of a deal is it to pull the motor out and get it back in positioned properly for belt alignment?[/b]
not a big deal if you have the right tool

·
Premium Member
587 Posts
Cat alignment bar #0644-320, $30 Canadian. Center to center distance (crank to jackshaft) is 12.2 inches.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.