Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my riding buddies let his bro use his sled and i guess one limiter strap broke and was causing the sled to pull to one side. He told his bro to just cut the other one.

I'm not sure on the rest of the story but here is what happened (not sure if no limiter straps was the cause tho.)

Sent from somewhere in MN

·
Registered
83 Posts
I just had that happen to my zr440 only mine look to be worse than that My straps were good I'm on my way out the door to test out my replacement arm hopefully it holds up. Mine looks looks like a fresh break is the crack on your rusty or does it look fresh break?

·
Premium Member
4,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would say it's definitely possible. I've also never seen anything like that before

Neither have I.

Maybe the limiter strap didn't break first?

According to him it did but I am starting to think that it was cracked for A while.

I just had that happen to my zr440 only mine look to be worse than that My straps were good I'm on my way out the door to test out my replacement arm hopefully it holds up. Mine looks looks like a fresh break is the crack on your rusty or does it look fresh break?
Can't tell that was the only picture he sent me

Sent from somewhere in MN

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Running without a limiter strap is never good. That may or may not be the cause of what happened to you, but it will definately trash your shock.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
tcat446 said it was common enough on the crossfire skids, that he put gussets on the crossfire skid he put in his sled, before it went in his sled, to prevent that exact thing.

and im following suit.

throwing that out there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts