Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a post for you guys to check the rod from the throttle bodies to the oil pump there is a hole in the end of the shaft that the rod is attached to at the throttle bodies that I assume is for a cotter pin ( mine did not have a pin). I am not sure if the rod can come off the shaft without a cotterpin in or if you even need one but it might be a good idea to check
[attachment=60247:convert.gif]

Attachments

·
Registered
934 Posts
I think you need a dealer or someone that has been told by their dealer what to do about this. That said, the Firecat/Sabercats have the same situation, and the dealer told us that there is no pin to go in there as the eyelet on the end of the one shaft cannot come off of that rod.

As for any newer motors, I am unsure.

·
Registered
101 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cam @ Jan 10 2007, 07:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Just a post for you guys to check the rod from the throttle bodies to the oil pump there is a hole in the end of the shaft that the rod is attached to at the throttle bodies that I assume is for a cotter pin ( mine did not have a pin). I am not sure if the rod can come off the shaft without a cotterpin in or if you even need one but it might be a good idea to check
[attachment=60247:convert.gif][/b]
The oil pump rod on my XFire doesn't have a cotterpin either; just adjusted it again lsat weekend. I couldn't imagine it popping off! Let us know what the steeler...I mean dealer tells you.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Yeah I saw the also, but after looking at two other sleds that looked the same. I took mine off to adjust the pump arm, the plastic ends go over a ball joint on both ends and snaps on pretty tight. So a pin is not needed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts