Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went for a good trail ride today lots of snow and groomed trails, temp gauge went right up to the red, but temp light didn't come on, so I let it sit for1/2hour then went out again and the gauge pegged right up in about 500 ft.
No coolant leaking, and overflow bottle full, what should I look for and check?
Cheers Ray

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
could be a stuck thermostat or an air lock. I'd first try burping the sled by raising the front end up. I raise it pretty high either by driving it up a snow bank, or I pick it up with my engine hoist. Get the skis a good couple feet off the ground. Any air in the rear coolers will then be able to work forward. If you do this and then set it back level and the coolant level is the same then I would say the thermostat is the culprit. What temp on your gauge is it getting to?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've been riding for quite some time now, so I don't think theres air trapped, I wiil raise the front and burp it, but It maybe the T-stat. The temp gauge is Cat but no incriments just white zone then red zone and it stayed right at the cusp of the red zone but the idiot light on the dash never came on, plugs look good.
Cheers Ray

1 - 3 of 3 Posts