Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help!!!

Working on my 2004 F/C SnoPro EFI I found my left side colant hose was cut 3/4 of the way thru. It's rubbing on the engine mount, only visible by looking thru the hole and the belt. I can protect the hose by cutting 3/8 poly/ tube cut in half and sliding it down from the top. But would like to replace it.

Is this a easy fix, recall???

G

·
I would change it now, might not be easy but better that than an eng after it blows and overheats eekkk
but if you wait it might be easy to get at while you have the eng out :oops:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Hose that needs to bechanged is the Therm. Stat to coolant bottle, #20 in the part matrix.

Has anyone made this change? any tips on accesing the hose clamp at the engine Therm stat.

Please, any thing to help...

·
Registered
17 Posts
I looked at my 04 today and the lower hose is rubbing through on the engine. I think this was a bullitin but my dealer must have "overlooked". Is this difficult to fix?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not a easy change Two Hours and a extra set of hands. getting to the hose clamp on the lower was a bitch.

Here is the pictures of the wear point and the hose...

[attachment=61731:STA70944.JPG][attachment=61730:STA70951.JPG]

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,559 Posts
This was a recall on the 04 Firecats. My F6 had that hose rub through 2 winters ago in the middle of lake Namakagon. Was supposed to be replaced by the dealer when I bought it, but was overlooked. They put the new hose on & covered it with braided hose for extra protection. Is a real pain in the arse to change.

·
Registered
976 Posts
If you squeeze the hose clamp with a pliers it will pop open. Besure to buy a new clamp, they look like a "one time use" type clamp. I used a "worm" type clamp on mine, tough to tighten but seems to be a positive "tight" seal.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not the same Service recall, This is the Coolant bottle to Therm. Stat. hose.

I had the other hose work done at the AC dealer. I found a hard plastic part in the bottom of my skid that was to stop the wear. I failed to stay put....

Check you Cats!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts