Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went for a ride tonight, and the red light under the speedo was on pretty much the whole time. Is this the light for the coolant lever or what? And one other quick thing, will 4 inch carbides be fine on a short track with no studs?

Thanks alot!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hi,

Red light under speedo is for engine temp not coolant level. When it glows, generally that means the engine is over heating. Were you running in marginal snow conditions? If that glows, you need to figure out why immediately and/or shut engine down if it does not go out. Otherwise, you risk engine damage. Don't ride it anymore until you get that figured out.

To answer your other question, 4 inch carbides should be fine with no studs and a short track.

Good luck.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah. I was told by the guy who serviced to watch for that light. Soon as i got about a mile in the trail the light came on. I stopped for about 5 minutes and had it shut off, put snow up underneath it also. Soon as I started it up the light came on immediately. I continued on, the trail i was on was plowed but still snow covered, i stayed on the side of the bank where the powder was too the whole time. After that the road was not plowed and had enough snow to cool the sled down. The light never did come off though, and i went into a frieds cabin for about 2-3 hours, and when i came back out and started the machine up the light came on again. Could this be something electrical?

Thanks alot

·
Registered
108 Posts
I would think if the light comes on immediately and stays on and you know the engine is ice cold, that it could be an electrical issue. Maybe somebody else could chime in for this guy. But, again, you want to figure this out soon, cuz if the light is on all the time, how do you know if the engine is overheating?
Not sure what to tell you. Hopefully someone else will have some info for you.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Pull the wire off the water temp sender. This is usually screwed into the end of the water manifold. If the light is now off and is back on when the wire is attached, then the sender is shorted and needs replacement.

If the light is still on with the wire removed, then the wire is shorted to ground somewhere between the tach and the sender end of the wire.

Good luck.

BP

1 - 6 of 6 Posts