Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I went out to look at the sled (since I havent been able to ride it in almost 2 weeks). It is sitting on the trailer, and I noticed that there was a stream of antifreeze under the sled, down the front of the trailer and a small puddle (size of an plum) on the ground. it was comming out of the bottom skidplate.

I popped the hood and quickly looked at the coolant jug (no drips) , I looked at the lines coming out and into the jug (no drips) and the main line to the block/head? Is there any known coolant leaking issues for the laydown 700 , and where else could I check. I only spent 5 minutes looking but save me some time and tell me if there is known places that leak.

thanks guys... grizz

EDIT: spelling

·
Registered
197 Posts
acutally, not to be the bearer of bad new but there is a know issue on the early builds (possibly others as i am told). It was posted here last season with pictures. Supposidly the rear skid needs to be removed to access the leaking hose clamp on the upper hose near the dd.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmmm, I seem to rememeber that too... i'll have to do a search way back. If any one else has anything to add...shoot. thanks workaholic.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I had the same thing happen to me at the start of this season, during pre-season checkup.... Went out and noticed a little trail of coolant from the mag side of the belly pan. I took my belly pan off and thought it was from my coolant temp fitting.... NOPE. I found mine was from the small line that runs from under the Y-pipe to both throttle bodies.... There is a small plastic fitting and some cheap ass hose clamps, my hose had also rubbed 3/4 through the under casing..... I picked up some new hose, and made and entire new setup, with new clamps and longer hose, to prevnt rubbing... also covered it with some wire loom.

Worth a check any ways...

thumbguy

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
figured it out.... when I tipped it over few weeks ago, it tipped on its right side, the fluid came out the drain hose overflow hose and settled in the bottom of the belly pan. once on my trailer and then the trailer on the ground unhooked in the garage the sled was then declined to the point where it drained out onto the trailer then ground....

holy CSI investigation hey :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts