Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had my Prowler at the dealer for another issue. Since they had it I asked them to go front to back on this machine. I drove the machine for five minutes out in the snow. When I was climbing a snow pile I noticed some green drops in the snow. This snow pile was 2-3 foot tall. I was just farting around in it. I saw that it looked to be comming out of the overflow hose. After the machine sat for an hour or so I pulled the radiator cap and it is so full you couldn't add another drop to it. Where is the overflow bottle? What else would cause this. I did haul it on an open trailer in the snow, it is in the high twentys and low thirtys here. It was coverd with snow and slush. I parked it it the garage too thaw out. Would this have anything to do with this? I have an 1-1/2 hour drive to the dealer.

·
Premium Member
2,546 Posts
It sounds to me that it is over filled. One of my atv's did this when it was new. On the atv's you can see the coolant overflow bottle though. If the Prowler set up is anything close to the atv's, you should be able to follow the radiator hose right to the bottle. On our atv's it's on the thumb throttle side of the fan.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was just looking at parts diagrams of Cats and all H1 engine machines don't have an overflow? Nut the 700 zuk's do. How full should this be. Do I need to take some out of the radiator?

·
Premium Member
1,448 Posts
Answered in your other post.

It will level off to just above the coolant fins.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will pull a little antifreeze out and take her for I ride. I never have had this issue before. Wonder why they don't have an overflow? I think I will put her in 4wd, take it out in the fresh snow and give her hell. Well see what happens. I was hill climbing on 90 degree days this summer it never got hot. I guess after looking at the cooling system you need to leave a little space in the radiator for expansion and hills and off camber.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts