Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my coolant hsa diasaperaed on my 96zrt800 so i wnan check teh oil in teh crancases to see if teh seals have gone i know this is a comon problem with zrts with 5500 miles so coudl u sen me some pics of were teh oil drain plug is or just tell me please thanks

im gonna rebuild it tehi summer but wana finish riding this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cpederson @ Jan 30 2007, 04:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
my coolant hsa diasaperaed on my 96zrt800 so i wnan check teh oil in teh crancases to see if teh seals have gone i know this is a comon problem with zrts with 5500 miles so coudl u sen me some pics of were teh oil drain plug is or just tell me please thanks

im gonna rebuild it tehi summer but wana finish riding this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/b]
There is no oil drain plug because there isn't any oil in the crankcase. Easy way to check to see if you have a water pump leak is to feel under the water pump. There is a weep hole. If there is any coolant on the bottom of the water pump housing then chances are you have a bad seal.

·
Registered
564 Posts
So wat are you asking? way to many typos I dont understand what u want.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Like KEVINS said, check the water pump hole to see if you got coolant getting out of there. Aswell, do you see any coolant in the belly pan or on the floor? Verify all your hose clamps to be sure they are tight and also verify your coolant bottle to see that it ain't cracked or broken. Last of all, be sure the coolant bottle CAP is on properly and that the rubber seal under the cap isn't broken at all.... :thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts