Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello and thank you for looking at my post. In the past I have only owned dirt bikes and I currently have 3 Honda 3wheelers. I have never owned a four wheeler before. I’m needing one mainly to use around our property to keep fence rows cleaned, brush cleared back and to give me something to make trips on from the house to the barn.

I am not wanting to put a lot of money into this first four wheeler. I’ve owned a few Yamaha‘s and everything else has been Honda. But I have come across a 2000 Arctic Cat 2x4 300 cc that’s reasonably priced (I think). The man is asking $850 for it. He’s a friend of the family so I take him at his word as far as it’s condition and history goes.

The original owner bought it new and had it for a year. He traded it in to get a bigger four wheeler. The current owner bought it in 2001 for his son to use for hunting when he bought himself a 4x4 Arctic Cat. The current owner said it has never been abused or pushed to its limits. It has been sitting for 8 years. I have been told the tires are flat but have about 60% tread left, the gas tank will need to be cleaned out, it needs a voltage regulator, new battery and that I would probably want to clean/rebuild the carburetor.

I called around trying to locate a voltage regulator and it wasn’t quite as easy as I would’ve thought. I know there are some things on Amazon and eBay, but quite possibly China junk. One guy I did talk to was able to find a voltage regulator and the brand was Moose, he mentioned that if I needed a stator it would be very difficult to find. He also said something about Arctic Cat being bought out by somebody and that parts availability is very different now than it used to be.

Are parts easy to find? Brakes, bearings, chains, sprockets, engine parts etc? And, are the parts available “Arctic Cat” brand or off brand stuff??

If the things I mentioned that this 4wheeler needs is all that it needs, then I have no problem moving forward. But if other things are gonna go out in the future, and of course at some point they will, and they’re going to be difficult or impossible to find then I don’t think that I want to roll the dice on this one.

I’m hoping to get some feedback from all of you that have way more experience with Arctic Cat than I do. AND, if for some reason this specific model & year has some major issues that are unique to it please let me know.

Thank You All! Mark

·
Administrator
42,579 Posts
Parts for the older machines are tough to find. There is aftermarket stuff, but even “ moose” branded parts are Chinese.

Reactions: 660catman

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank You for your reply. I’m under the impression that a lot of an Arctic Cat is a Suzuki. Is this correct? If so is it fairly easy to figure out what Suzuki parts fit a 2000 300 2x4? Because the parts are tough to find, would you recommend that I skip this Arctic Cat 4wheeler??? Thank You! Mark

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
A lot of the engine mechanical parts are Suzuki. LT-F300F is the model. Electrical parts are pre likely different. As @doorfx said, parts may be an issue to get with any older model of any manufacturer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts