Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
you guys have helped me very much in dertermining the problems i have been having and i really thank you all but still didnt get it going right dropped it off at the shop and they said the front cylindar has low compression dont understand that just rebuilt the whole top end and it seemed really tight ( but does anyone know what the 06 650 v2 should be running for compression) maybe i should find another shop the seem a little shady but were reremended to me ?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Service manual says 48 - 81 PSI. I have 80 on both cylinders. I freaked out about a month ago as I drowned my V2 about 4 months ago and it just did not seem to be running quite rite. So I did a compression test with a crappy tester and showed 75 PSI. To me that meant rings were toast. I went out and purchased a Craftsman compression tester an reran the tests a few times, throttle wide open and manually pulled the rope 5 times with both plugs removed, this is how I got the most accurate results.

I forgot about the compression release mechanism, that bleeds compression untill the motor fires up. I am use to two strokes and 130-150 PSI has always been my norm. Traditionally anything below 100PSI and the motor was getting ready for a top end rebuild.

I don't know how you test the rings on a four stroke, other than that compression test, maybe a leak down test?

·
Registered
141 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sammydogs64 @ Feb 6 2007, 08:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I don't know how you test the rings on a four stroke, other than that compression test, maybe a leak down test?[/b]
This is a very good tool in trouble shooting low compresion as you can determin if your leaking past the rins or mabey something simple like a bad valve

1 - 3 of 3 Posts