Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9,103 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wyo_H1_Cat @ Mar 19 2007, 03:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
You would be compressing atmospheric pressure of 14.7 psia 10.2 times or roughly 150 psia lbs. in lab conditions. Cant really do this when doing a compression test because valve timing and duration, normal ring leakage, as well as intake and exhaust design has its influences. At higher altitudes atmospheric pressure is less so net total compression decreases as altitude increases. When performing a compression check, the only way you can really tell what you got is with-in specs is to compare to the specifications in the repair manual.[/b]

Well I was going to point out the same thing, but you beat me to it!! ;) :huh: You just sounded like my physics teacher, geesh!!! You could have just said "you can't get there from here" and most would understand!!! slaphappy Just picking on you, or maybe myself for that matter. Very good technical advice, but that is WAY over my head. :beer_cheers:

·
Registered
490 Posts
Here are the compression spec's from the repair manual (2006)

Make sure plug wire(s) is grounded away from the spark plug hole to prevent a fuel fire
Engine should be warm
Battery in good condition for fast cranking
Throttle wide open
Crank for 5 - 10 compression strokes

400 95- 115 psi

500 & 650 H1 70 - 85 psi

650 V twin 45 - 80 psi

·
Registered
9,103 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wyo_H1_Cat @ Mar 21 2007, 01:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
Well I was going to point out the same thing, but you beat me to it!! You just sounded like my physics teacher, geesh!!! You could have just said "you can't get there from here" and most would understand!!! Just picking on you, or maybe myself for that matter. Very good technical advice, but that is WAY over my head.[/b]

Sorry bout that, being a old fart raising three kids, that never accepted a simple answer has trained me to fully answer a question. Got very little "Why Daddys" that way. Must of done something right, got a 29 year old Lawyer, A 25 year old Cisco Networking Expert, and an 21 year old Automation Technician. Myself I've never accepted a simple answer either. <Grin> just not my nature. LOL
[/b][/quote]

Hey that's cool!!! My kids eyes glaze over with just a quick answer, so I know where you are coming from!! It takes guys like you to explain things to guys like me!! :thumbsup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts