Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just want to do a little user review on my composit talon 45 track.....5000 miles (8000kms) ago a buddy and i wanted a better track and after much debate we decided to both put talon 45 composit tracks on.

Both have feel in love with this track, the traction is unreal, deep snow, trail just hooks up and goes...wear wise this track is top notch..we have harsh riding and im rough on stuff i destroyed my stock track in 3000 miles.

Some people worry about the weight but both of our sleds (his is a 14 6000 ctec2) feel more powerful as the power is actually being put to the snow.

my other track of choice was going to be a camso cobra or cobra ice 1.6...but i heard some issues with lugs and stuff well my buddy with his f1100t put one on and he has maybe half the mileage on his cobra track and its ruined..clips coming off, lugs ripping chunks. and a bunch of actual lugs delaminating from the track....With the costs of tracks in canada im super glad i went composit.

Just wanted to spread some positive words and say my next track will be another composit if i can even wear this out.

Pictures of the track from tonight..little dusty but you can see there is almost no wear at all...im shocked how well its holding up.

Reactions: Frosty The Snowman

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
My buddy has a 1.6 cobra with 2K miles on it and it looks worse than that, he is a track spinner pretty bad though, raod crossings and even getting it off the trailer he is rough. That looks pretty sweet after 5,000 miles to me.

·
Premium Member
8,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My buddy has a 1.6 cobra with 2K miles on it and it looks worse than that, he is a track spinner pretty bad though, raod crossings and even getting it off the trailer he is rough. That looks pretty sweet after 5,000 miles to me.
yah im guilty of that ha lol...im real impressed actually

·
Registered
2021 ZR 8000 Ltd, ATAC, Storm 150
162 Posts
I put a 1.5" Talon on and have 1600 miles plus on it so far and can't be happier. This track hooks up so much better as well as stops quicker than the Rip2 it came with. I have seen no drop in speed and gas mileage is darn near same if not better at times. Guessing based on less spinning than the Rip2? The other thing noticed is sled seems to run cooler. Can't say for sure but is it poss the track is tossing more snow keeping it cooler? At same time I added Vespel slides so that could be a factor as well. No regrets on Talon so far. Will be adding one to wife's ZR 7000.

·
Registered
520 Posts
i switched over to a Talon 45, 1.77" this winter. Picked it up used at the end of last winter. Just a few hundred miles on it so far, but I like it a lot. So much better in the deep than the Ripsaw, and good trail manners too. I thought I may have to buy scratchers, but so far, I have had no cooling issues in packed or low snow. Money well spent, IMO.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts