·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who like them in or out and y

·
Registered
162 Posts
I take them out when I am messing around at home so I can do some good catwalks, but when I go on the trails, I put them in so I have my handling back.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How about for drag raceing

·
Team ArcticChat
6,971 Posts
Drag racing your going to want them for sure. They help keep your ski's on the ground. Put them on the lowest setting. I forget whether is 1 or 4, but the one with the least amount of space between the susp and the bock. Helps handling big time on the trails.

Cat walk = "wheelie"

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am 270lbs and I had them out last year and I could not keep my skis down

·
Registered
165 Posts
if you do more ditch banging and messing around than trail riding, take them out. mine are out, gives more ski lift and weight transfer/traction for deep drifts, shale pits, ditch banging, and jumping which is mainly what i ride. but on the trail even leaning forward when you crack the throttle the skis come up just enough to not be able to turn while on the gas. so if you ride lots of trails leave them in.

·
Registered
302 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Glad you guys had a good laugh, guess I deserved but we always called them wheelies. What I dont understand is the reference to 4 positions on the block...the block that adjusts my rear springs only has 3 positions, what am i missing?

·
Registered
152 Posts
He is not refering to the spring. He is referring to the block right in front of your rear boggie wheels its a square block. Has dashes on it 1.......11.......111......1111

·
Registered
162 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jaffetravis @ Nov 17 2009, 09:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Glad you guys had a good laugh, guess I deserved but we always called them wheelies. What I dont understand is the reference to 4 positions on the block...the block that adjusts my rear springs only has 3 positions, what am i missing?[/b]
You are looking at the rear spring preload adjusters. The coupler blocks are just below and rear of the preload adjustment. They are apx 1" square plastic blocks; one mounted on each side to the slide rails. As the suspension collapse the rear arm will contact the block and stop the travel. Each side of the block is off set of center by a different amount allowing the suspension to travel to your liking. Hope this helps
:chug:

·
Registered
302 Posts
as far as the off-sets go. I know theres 4 positions, but i cant really figure out which would be best for my riding style, i'm an agressive trail rider so idk which number to have facing the scissor arms; any info?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts