Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How does the black plastic color hold up versus the other colors in the ATV lineup? Does it show the wear worse than say red or dark green?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts
Black shows scrathes no matter what it is on, my Red one isn't too bad for showing them, the lighter the color the less it shows them. It helps to keep it out of the sun also to keep it in good condition, I always use a cover when it sits in the yard to keep the sun off of it

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (P.J. @ Jan 29 2007, 10:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Black is he worst color for showing damage. It shows every little scrach as a white line. Camo hides all[/b]
I agree black is the worst. The black center plastic on my DVX looks in much worse shape then the red fenders and its even newer then the fenders. While black looks sharp all cleaned up and new its not long before it looks very old and worn. Though Mother "Back To Black" polish does help hide the scratches when its clean thumbguy

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Black may show scratches more so then other AC colors, but no ATV looks sharper then a black one!! Not many black ATV's on the trails out there, you see lots of Red, Yellow, Green. I'd rather have a black ATV and be different, remember its an ATV not a Ford Harley Davidson Ed., make it look like you drive the thing, instead of showroom shape.....

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
The Black Looks good BUT....... for me there is no better color than Lime Cat Green :wub: no one else has a bright green so mine is never mistaken for any thing but a Cat

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RobCat @ Jan 30 2007, 07:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
The Black Looks good BUT....... for me there is no better color than Lime Cat Green :wub: no one else has a bright green so mine is never mistaken for any thing but a Cat[/b]
Dont forget about the orignal Team Green aka Kawasaki ;)

I agree though the pure lime green sure does look good, though black seems to be the new craze for color choices. Just not my personal favorite I dunno

·
Registered
966 Posts
I'm partial to the LIME GREEN, too. I like the color black on anything but an ATV. My truck is black and when its dirty, its dirty, but when she's clean, she shines like a new dime.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Black is horrible. Looks real good the day you bring it home but the fun stops there. Just remember it is made to get dirty. Camo is the only way to go if scratches concern you. Rob Cat do not over look the new Brute Force in Team Green. Same as the AC Green

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Love my orange ts v2, but would never buy black, they look 10 years old after the first trail ride, camo will look new after 10 years.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
LoL... Is anyone over looking the fact that these things are ATV's? Why do scratches on your bike bother you, it makes it look "used".... Camo has to be the cheesiest color out there! Honestly, hunter etc or not, you really think that deer ain't gonna see you flyin' through the woods with the HMF muffler rumbling...lol... Lol, mossy oak, yeah watch your cat dissapear in front of your eyes with that real tree color...lol.. cmon....! And as far as Lime Green, yeah I too liked that color b/c it distinguished a AC from others, not anymore bud, every 3rd bike on the trail now is Lime Green and it ain't a Cat, its a Kawi.....! "Once you go BLACK, you ain't goin' back"! Lol......

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I favor Lime Green. On another topic, Muddfly, where did you get your front fog/trail lights? I want a pair, but am wondering about the watts. Can my V2 handle say 55watts?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts