Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone been ticketed for having colored covers on their headlights? How much? What is the law? Heard O.K. in the daytime, not at Nightime. I want some yellow ones for my '03 F7. I dunno

·
Premium Member
3,920 Posts
From the Michigan DNR website:

Lighting: All snowmobiles must display a lighted head-light and taillight at all time during operation. However, the headlight shall not be covered with a lens cap of any color.

To view the entire regulations link, click here.

·
Administrator
20,052 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (FIRECAT ER @ Jan 7 2007, 07:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
just got back in from mich., i have colored lenses and passed a sheriff yestarday and he did'nt stop me i must have gotten lucky![/b]
you were

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (F7 Firecat @ Jan 7 2007, 09:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
first thing i put on my f7 when i bought it in 03' never had a problem.[/b]
you will, mark those words

·
Registered
9 Posts
I was filling up and they came up to me and told me to take them off right now before i leave,and i was lucky we didn't see me in the trail or I would have gotten a ticket.

·
Administrator
20,052 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TAB @ Jan 8 2007, 10:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I was filling up and they came up to me and told me to take them off right now before i leave,and i was lucky we didn't see me in the trail or I would have gotten a ticket.[/b]
with one of my cousinns being a policeman and some sherrif officers I know,, this is the same thing they tell me they've done and seen fellow officers do as well,, ditto for extra lights like lighted tire valve stem caps, neons under cars and on license plates and the such on autos too

·
Registered
129 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (slncapri @ Jan 7 2007, 02:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Anyone been ticketed for having colored covers on their headlights? How much? What is the law? Heard O.K. in the daytime, not at Nightime. I want some yellow ones for my '03 F7. I dunno[/b]

I have been pulled over in WI....yellow lens on a 2003 F7. :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts