Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have never owned an Atv before and my father just gifted me one to use this summer... after some instruction and a few rides I can change the gears and caught on really quickly with very little bucking... The quad has two foot peddles on the left (heel to gear up and toe to gear down) and a foot break on the right which I dont really use. Im only using it for easy trail rides nothing fancy.
This past weekend.i let my 14 yr old son take.it out for a ride and he told me he did get stuck in mud and used the built in wench to get out with his friends help, but I took it out this evening for a ride and noticed it sounded a little different and that when changing in and out of gears it makes a knocking/jumping type sound? Any ideas on what this might be?

·
Administrator
2,577 Posts
I have never owned an Atv before and my father just gifted me one to use this summer... after some instruction and a few rides I can change the gears and caught on really quickly with very little bucking... The quad has two foot peddles on the left (heel to gear up and toe to gear down) and a foot break on the right which I dont really use. Im only using it for easy trail rides nothing fancy.
This past weekend.i let my 14 yr old son take.it out for a ride and he told me he did get stuck in mud and used the built in wench to get out with his friends help, but I took it out this evening for a ride and noticed it sounded a little different and that when changing in and out of gears it makes a knocking/jumping type sound? Any ideas on what this might be?
View attachment 368138
VIN number should be stamped in the frame near the left rear tire

1 - 7 of 7 Posts